Work In Progress / Western Ghost Town mini game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2016 17:55 Edited at: 11th Mar 2016 19:30
Saw a couple posts about western games so I thought I'd do a ghost town mini game. I'd like to expand it with more levels, puzzles, videos, traps, etc but i have no idea how to do any of that so if anyone has any ideas on what'd be cool (and you could do it or show me how), maybe we could collaborate?
Most of this is retexturing of stock models, Disturbing13's old west buildings, and free models from around the interwebs that I modified/retextured. I'm using a couple of Harry Wever's cool zombies and music from Eric Matyas. Spent the past two weeks on just the environment and I'm still adding to it but here's a few small in-game screenies to start with.

Title: (still working on a cool name for it)

Developer: Pixelpusher

Storyline:
In the mid 1800s, the desert town of Smith Junction boomed when gold was mined from the hills. When the mines were emptied, most left and those who remained were so crazed with gold lust they died trying to find more. The forgotten town is left in ruins and their restless souls have kept watch over a cache of gold hidden in the town for over a hundred and thirty years. Recently, a group of men attempted to steal it from its resting place hidden in the town, most didn't make it out and the remaining gang are desperate to keep you away.
Your mission is to retrieve the stolen gold now strewn around town, left where thieves' bodies fell. You have two enemies; the remaining gang members and to the undead residents, you're just another unwelcome outsider.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2016 18:01
I am definitely looking forward to this one!

Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2016 21:01
Use of models, colors and palette are really good.
You have a really well-unified theme which I think will serve you well when you get the smaller bits hammered out.
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2016 23:09
looks really interesting! very nice lighting and colour.
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
pixelpusher
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the compliments. The look I'm going for is desert early evening. Not too glaring outside, dark interiors, arid. I'm expanding the city outward now to sparse wooden buildings in the desert and started on the badguys (living and otherwise) in Character Creator.
I figure the win zone is going to be a mine entrance (that would preferably lead to level 2) but with no way for a.i. to navigate Rolfy's cool mine model, probably just end the game once all the gold is picked up and returned to its rightful place.
PM
GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
This just popped up? Strange mystery.

The old west is an evaporating mirage that wavers up it's ghostly spirits like spider webs in the stale breeze,
from the dusty heat of the cracked ground, an essence of a dried up old town.

But there's at least two pretty famous and preserved locations that might give some gutsy inspiration.
They are fair preserved because now they are tourist traps! A little bit of real old west history woven into a cover
of modern facade.
Kudos! Your project looks right on par to the real thing;

http://visitvirginiacitynv.com/live-webcam/

http://tombstone-ghost.com/
PM
pixelpusher
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry, i didn't complete the post i started last nite. i was going to say that after five years i picked up this minigame but i thought i'd play with the fog and color some more since i can't get the look that i want. i did start on a mine level but may not attempt multi-levels. i modeled a few buildings and used both my own textures and some from textures.com. here's a few new captures.
PM
pixelpusher
Years of Service
User Offline
forgot to embed the pics. can you tell i don't post much?
PM
lotgd
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2021 15:50
Nice, I like it!

Pc Specs : Win10pro64bit /Msi Night Elf / i7 7700k / gtx1070 / 16gb ram ddr4 / SSD 850Evo
Laptop : i5 3120m- 12gb ddr3 - Nvidia Gt 610 2gb - 256gb ssd

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:53:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:53:26