Product Chat / People can play with sound effects ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i came to a very loos end where am finishing first level out of three in my first chapter of my game, but i realized it's so neat like no music in the back ground or anything, i youtubed some videos and found out people can play with the music so please i have few questions. and yes i read the document instructed into GG it's nice but doesn't answer much .

First what are all the types of sounds files can GG run ?

Second what can i use to record an audio like voice acting and then import the sound file in way GG can run ?

Third how to make the game run a certain music on the back ground that basically don't stop, but while it's running upon triggering sound zone , the voice acting rolls while the music is running how can i apply that ?

Fourth any limitations to recording a voice or a size to the music files ?

Fifth how do people transform for example MP3 to wav or w/e GG required file type to run it any special programs ?

Thank's for reading
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 22:57 Edited at: 7th Mar 2016 22:58
1..GameGuru uses .WAV or.OGG files
2.. there are free programs like " Audacity" that can be used for this ( Google is your friend )
3.. Place a sound zone...select sound zone properties.... change the "soundinzone.lua" to "Musicinzone.lua" then browse to your music ....
then place the marker in the soundzone so it starts as soon as you run the game and should loop ... After that sound zones using "soundinzone.lua" and your other samples like speech should play whilst the music is still playing .. ( I assume that what you mean )

4.. I don't think there is any limit on size of samples used..
5.. I use online audio converters like http://media.io/ again ( google is your friend )

Hope that helps
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 22:57
1. WAV and OGG are the formats GG uses.

3. You should have a music script in the scriptbank, attach it to an always active object

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "1..GameGuru uses .WAV or.OGG files
2.. there are free programs like " Audacity" that can be used for this ( Google is your friend )
3.. Place a sound zone...select sound zone properties.... change the "soundinzone.lua" to "Musicinzone.lua" then browse to your music ....
then place the marker in the soundzone so it starts as soon as you run the game and should loop ... After that sound zones using "soundinzone.lua" and your other samples like speech should play whilst the music is still playing .. ( I assume that what you mean )

4.. I don't think there is any limit on size of samples used..
5.. I use online audio converters like http://media.io/ again ( google is your friend )

Hope that helps"

I couldn't ask for anything more than what you already told me, thank you so much.
PM
RvD
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "1. WAV and OGG are the formats GG uses.

3. You should have a music script in the scriptbank, attach it to an always active object"

Thank's beliodas i will remember to mark it as always active.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-29 02:27:22
Your offset time is: 2024-06-29 02:27:22