Product Chat / About fullscreen=0 in setup file

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 11:27
Does has to do something with video resolution?
Or simply has to do with test mode screen res?

If so, is there any chance to set the video resolution, when play vid via story zone?

It is fullscreenn by default, but does not meet the resolution I've set to my vid(clip), so it is looking bad quality, like enlarged.

I know the other solution would be doing vid at fullscreen mode, but all the user does not have the same screen res, so this is not a best one, I thought.

Being able to set the screen resolution you want (via properties panel), would be nice an useful. Just my thoughts.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
The fullscreen option is just for whether your game runs in windowed or fullscreen mode, nothing to do with video sizes. I have not tried running a 1080p clip on a lower res than 1080p for example. If GG can scale the vid down to match a lower res than that would probably be the way to go.

A way to change the video size in script would be better, as it could work from whatever screen res it is set to and work with a percentage of the screen size. Once the lua commands are in it should be easier to add some sort of in editor option later.

It may be worth a few tests to see how GG handles down-scaling video as well as up-scaling in the meantime, if it can of course.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 19:12
Quote: "It may be worth a few tests to see how GG handles down-scaling video as well as up-scaling in the meantime, if it can of course."

Ya! that's the main issue here, you don't know how it does, screen size percentage, would go fine here, via script, or some most common resolutions in (story zone )properties panel, so you can set the most accurate, and yo can make your vid accordingly.
Sometimes you just want a few seconds of something small, so why you want fullscreen here?

Thanks for the tip DVader!

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:03:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:03:42