Free Models and Media / Is it possible to use 3D Models from free 3D model websites?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2016 11:57 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2016 17:41
So, i search in google and i found a website with free 3D content. On this website there a lot of 3d models.

Can i use them in gameguru? Sorry if this is a noob question but i am new on this and i just try to have fun creating maps.

Mod Edit: I have altered your message because it named a website hosting pirated or otherwise copyright protected content.

Please review our AUP for more information about why this has happened.

Please note that pirated/ripped 3D models can be used in personal projects but might land you in a lot of legal trouble if you ever release any work made with them.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
3rd party models can be imported into GameGuru but may need some modification ..
However this could only be for personal use and cannot be posted here ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Tsok
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot for the reply! i just want them for my maps. Is there any infos about this modification?
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2016 13:27
You can use Fragmotion (free if you type in the Lord's prayer every week) to import models and export them in .x format. Once you have the model in .x format, you can use Gameguru's model importer to import them (if they are static models). If they are animated, you will have to do it manually. You'll need a 64x64 pixel .bmp image file (the thumbnail), an fpe file (copy one of the stock fpe files and change the various paths to match your model), and three texture files in dds format - a diffuse map, a normal map and a specular map. If your model is called mymodel.x, then the diffuse should be called mymodel_D.dds, the normal mymodel_N.dds and the specular mymodel_S.dds. Create a new folder on your gameguru<files<entitybank folder, and add the six files to this folder (the bmp files, the fpe file, the .x file and the three dds files).
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2016 21:44
In the docs folder in the game guru install are a few documents of interest, including what is needed to import and set tings up for Game Guru.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Tsok
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot of guys.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 16:59:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 16:59:33