Feature Creep / Force Slow Mode (CTRL+Move)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
HI, I sure most of you use it when zoomed in close, holding CTRL down with the pinkie while moving the camera with WSAD to slow the camera down, placing intricate items with accuracy demands it right...... my poor pinkie (little finger) is absolutely killing me

can you please please add some shortcut to lock the movement and zoom speed (CTRL+Hotkey?) for locking slow mode, fast mode and back to normal mode, this would really help when placing items and not having to keep CRTL held down to slow things down

for instance I have this fence that can not be snapped as it has a plank that tucks behind another (its the free one from kencharleslong) and I am ringing my level with this fence, and the modula wall that comes with GG does not quite line up right for my liking and each section needs a little tweek, or moving around inside a building placing small items .... only....all this holding of CTRL has given me arthritis!! lol, I would love to be able to lock it to default current speed.

PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
making it a toggle rather than hold would do it but i dont think this will come in time to help with your map.... have you tried using the "position" widget rather than the extract? using 1 of the arrows alone will make it move in only that axis.
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2016 00:00 Edited at: 29th Feb 2016 00:01
yes making it toggle would be perfect, I am using the widget yea but I lay them down first where I want them in snap mode and then zoom and go align them all up, this is where it would help to lock the CTRL key down as it aches on the little finger ..... I had a rather long day in GG yesterday lol
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 29th Feb 2016 09:14 Edited at: 29th Feb 2016 09:16
What we need is the ctrl modifier to be added to the widget arrows so we can get fine control of the drag movement. That way you can hold down control and drag with the mouse, no more trying to hit multiple buttons while holding the mouse button down, just hold control and click and drag instead.
i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2016 06:00 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2016 06:00
I get it, your not talking about the widget but the camera, I have the same issue with stretching fingers over the keyboard for slow camera movement. You could always use the arrow keys which are closer to the opposite Ctrl key. I often end up shooting off into the wrong place when I press shift by mistake. It isn't the most intuitive when it comes to this fine editing where you don't want the camera to be traveling around at warp speed.
PartTimeCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
rolfy, exactly that, always hitting shift by mistake and zoom, I'm 30 miles away, it would be handy to lock the ctrl key down so slow mode is forced even if shift is accidentally pressed

and also agree with Belidos that's a good idea, like in blender with shift held you can precisely align objects, GG so needs that, when in close the placement is kind of erratic!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:03:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:03:10