Feature Creep / Multi-Texture Model functionality.

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 26th Feb 2016 10:33 Edited at: 26th Feb 2016 10:39
Something I would like to see is the ability to choose a texture from the properties of an object.

This would be achieved by adding the ability to annotate the textured line in an FPE with a number, for example if you had three textures for your model you would add the following into the FPE:

textured1 = texture1_D.dds
textured2 = texture1_D.dds
textured3 = texture1_D.dds

and then in the properties menu you would have a drop down menu that calls to the FPE for this list and allows you to change which texture is referenced on the fly.

This would make it easier for both the end user and the seller, for the user it would mean less multiple files on their PC and less clutter in their entitybank, making it easier to select different variations of a model, and for the seller this would drastically cut down the amount of uploading and setting up needed to publish them on the store, instead of making multiple uploads they would do just one single upload with multiple texture files in the zip. It would also probably mean a lot less strain on the TGC store/download servers and the client downloader as not so many individual sets of files will be being uploaded and downloaded. It's a win/win/win situation
i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 18:46:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 18:46:27