3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Don't Advertise On Steam Forum

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2016 11:10
Just a note.

I put up a post on the Steam forum for GameGuru pointing at my own web site where I sell my models. If a visitor decides to download one of my packs he/she is directed back to the GameGuru Store although single items can be purchased direct.

However Steam do not like this as it breaches their rules. OK can I say it breaches my rules that they take 30% for nothing if buyers purchase through their Steam wallet. GameGuru are generous enough to let artists promote their sites in these forums so thumbs up to them.

So purchasers can you please consider supporting us artists and always purchase either through PayPal or TGC points. The GameGuru Store offers both.

Fed up with the big boys pushing everyone around.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I think your ok to point to your GG store items ..... That belongs to TGC
Just not a third party site to buy items even if it is yours..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
grobyken
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2016 15:12
Yes thanks synchromesh I understood that. It just riles me the way the big boys push every one around. They just take 30% on demand if someone uses their Steam wallet, they even charged me tax a while ago and then basically said tough when they realised they had made a mistake (where did that money go). Over the past year they have has hundreds of dollars off me for basically nothing. TGC does all the hosting and have been getting less of the money from my efforts than Steam. As I said above please if you are going to buy models use PayPal not your Steam wallet.

Still anyway end of rant and on with model creation.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 13:34:23
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 13:34:23