3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Need Some Help with TPV Character Please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I'm working on a tpv game where you have died and have a chance to be reborn persay by passing the nine circles of hell....... So what I have done is taken dagored's unarmed skeleton character, ran it thru mender, then used animer to rig it to the wizards skeleton. Other than cleaning up a few animations, this part is going well. I do not want to have the skeleton holding a staff, I would like the skeleton to launch the fireballs from its mouth. If I do not put in a firespot on the skeleton of the skeleton {i know sounds weird} it shoots the fireball from the pelvis of the skeleton, I m thinking this is due to the location of the firespot on the wizard.x file........ If I do put a firespot on the skeletons head, I then have a skeleton holding a staff in its mouth {not a good look} I do not know how to remove the staff and keep the "firespot " in the same location...... Any ideas of feedback would be helpful...... Thank you very much :}
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
I believe if you back up the staff texture and then make the original transparent it should work
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2016 21:36
Putting the firespot on the characters head is the correct way to go. For the weapon you could do as smallg said or make a weapon consisting of a single triangle and give it a transparent texture as well.

zanthion
Years of Service
User Offline
That worked tyvm guys. I put firespot in head reduced staff down to 1 triangle and made it transparent. I now have a skeleton shooting fireballs from its mouth. Thanks alot
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 14:08:33
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 14:08:33