3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Modell import with two textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a model in the .x format and want to import it with GG . However, the model has two different textures . If I have the imported model , then I have only one texture to choose . Am I doing something wrong , or does it not with GG ?
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 28th Jan 2016 09:37 Edited at: 30th Jan 2016 17:47
The importer only imports a single texture. But you can still use multiple textures, it's not recommended because it adds additional unnecessary strain on the engine.

Simply follow the steps below:

1. Place your .x file and the textures in the same folder (don't put the textures into a separate folder) in your entity bank.
2. Use the importer to import the .x with just one of the textures and save it in the same folder (we're only doing this to generate a FPE file and a thumbnail).
3. Go into the location where it is saved and delete the .obj file created by GameGuru, you don't need it.
4. Open up your .x file in notepad
5. Press ctrl+f and search for texturef
6. After each instance of texture (except the first one) you will see a link to your textures, delete everything in that link except the name of the textures. ie if it says "C:\\bobs file\desktop\textures\diffuse.png" then change it so it just says "dffuse.png", a way to quickly change them all in one go is to copy the part you want to delete then go to edit > replace, paste the coped text into the top box and leave the second box empty, then click replace.
7.Once the links are done save and exit.
8.Now open up the FPE file in notepad
9. Change "Desc = XXXXXX " to the name of your model
10. Change "model = XXXXXXX.obj" to "model = XXXXXXX.x" (you want to use your own .x model, not the .obj one GG creates for you)
11. Change "texture = XXXXXXX.png " to "texture = " (leaving this blank tells the FPE to use the .x files texture links instead)
12. Save and exit

You should now be able to test it in game and it should have both textures applied.
Johno 15
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2016 10:42
Thanks Belidos, quite handy to have a step by step for this!
'Judge a man not by his answers. But by his questions.'
grinseengel
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Belidos,

this step by step tutorial I really like . I not to come so far to try it . I 'll call you if everything worked .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 15:15:19
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 15:15:19