Feature Creep / Choose Shader

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2016 12:30
Hey!

We used to be able to select the shader effect for an entity in the editor back in FPSCreator.
It would be nice to have that feature back someday

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2016 20:49 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2016 20:55
I agree, as a media creator it is a chore to change in the .fpe and have to close out and restart GG every time you make changes like this. Same with texture field which seems to be gone as well. I really don't see the point in removing these, might be a reason but it isn't apparent. These fields were available in GameGuru till recently but without warning just disappeared.

One thing I would definitely like to see the return of is Alttexture = , nothing worse than blowing something up and it shows no dirt or blast damage.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2016 17:39
I concur.

Quote: "One thing I would definitely like to see the return of is Alttexture ="
Yes! And if the alternative texture could also source from different shadermaps (having a normalmap with cracks for example) that would be great. I'd be content if this could be done via script as it was in FPSC.

Quote: "nothing worse than blowing something up and it shows no dirt or blast damage."

...having it disappear comes to mind! But I'm with ya! I'd also like to add that being able to script in multiple alternative textures would benefit the 3rd person system. Having the character show worsening damage in a shooter or having his cloth increasingly covered in blood in a slasher!! Good stuff that resonates well with the player.

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 12:47:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 12:47:26