Feature Creep / Track View / Dope Sheet for waypoint editing.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2016 23:04
I was thinking about some editing features that gameguru could probably implement the other day and one thing that came to mind was a curve editor that you could use to alter a character's speed (or position, or rotation) along a waypoint path, either on the whole path or specific parts of the path. A good example would be that of 3ds max's track view editor for animations - those of you who have had experience with 3ds max would know what I am talking about.

Basically, you have a curve that you can alter using nodes to affect different aspects of that object along its path. For example, if you wanted a constant speed from start to finish from time 0 to whatever time the waypoint stops, you would just have a straight line in your curve editor, setting the tangents to linear. But if you wanted to have the character start from a snails pace, get to speed in the midpoint of your path, and then go back to snails pace to an eventual stop, you would have a more "S" shaped curve, altering your tangents to be more "flowing".

I know I am probably not explaining it that well, haha, but it would be a good addition to gameguru's editing tools. I am not sure how hard it would be to implement something like this but it shouldn't be too bad, should it?

just my ideas

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:34:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:34:27