Feature Creep / Dedicated Server

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2016 04:56
I know we now have the ability to host MP games through Steam workshop, But I'd love to have full control over the game as in Dedicated servers. I could see maybe GG working together with say maybe a large server hosting company like Gameservers.com or someone like that to let you create and have your game hosted on a Dedicated server , as it will be running 24/7 and you could admin it properly .

And create and build a community around your game. I'd pay good money for this ability! I did look around and didnt see this listed as a feature. if I missed someone elses post about this please forgive me.

If this is possible or any ideas on this that have been discussed I'd like to know about them please.

Thanks
PM
Hasevergaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, i also think this is a great idea.
That would be so helpful, but i think they should focus on making multiplayer an option to play without having game guru before we get into the more complex stuff.
PM
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2016 23:06
Me too, but i'm thinking whats their incentive to do it. I'm sure if they did, they could also make a nice cut of the server hosting fees, especially if its a large amount. Also setup fee's ,any updates to the mp code server side ect.

As good as some of these people here are , they could create entire communities around some of the games they make if they had this option. Thats what i'd love to one day have .
PM
Mathiasdam
Years of Service
User Offline
Well TGC has shown many times they're doing this because they like and don't put the economic aspect as their first priority. But at some point in the future GG should support dedicated servers so you will be able to do the same features as you reguested
PM
=VX=Doggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2016 05:56
That would be great!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:07:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:07:16