Multiplayer / 3rd party servers packages?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I'm curious if there are any plans to work with example (Photon Networking) - Exitgames.com for Networking one day?
At least them people can host there own Authoritative Servers, Interest Management, or use the free Photon Servers up to 500 Msgs per second limit.

Photon is made in C# though, but not sure how easy it would be to make LUA connect to a .Net server.
People can then (in theory) have 5000 player matches if they technically wanted.

Just throwing in some ideas, Multiplayer to me at least is the biggest feature I'd go for over anything.
I actually find Networking games is easier than a single player game.

But anywho, just thought I'd ask and see if something like this would be possible in the future and if so, perhaps outsource the people to make the port
(ME ME ME ME) - I love server networking, its so fun(Literally).
PM
Kalle801
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2015 16:50
I would love Lee if he could implement it in the GG_Engine. You idea is Great!
N1warhead
Years of Service
User Offline
Heh yeah it would be cool... I know me once I get done with one of my new products I'm making for Unity, once I learn GG LUA I will be bring a lot of amazing things to the store. (E.G. - Complete weather systems, etc). Well if GG has Particle Systems and stuff. Or heck if not I can make a new particle system.

But anyways this isn't about that stuff it's about Networking.

I really do think it would bring in a broad new diverse area of games to include that into this. Or any kind of Networking package would be great.
If GG can connect to Sockets, etc. - I may even make a whole new Networking Package for GG - as I said I love to make Servers, etc.

I will have to re-search into this though as I don't really know much about GG or even LUA for that matter.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:45:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:45:00