Scripts / RPG Module

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2016 11:02 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2016 13:08
I just updated the Menu + Save/Load scripts to enable multiple Save Points. The item is currently unavailable in the shop until the changes get approved. Should be back until tuesday. Sorry for possible inconvenience.

Note that I used the IfUsed -workaround to load player location and therefore the name of the Save Point entity must be unique and user must write the that name to the ifused field too. For the sake of simplicity I suggest that you use precisely these options with the primary Save Point entity:

Quote: "General
Name: SAVE
Static Mode: No

AI System
Main: moshroom_rpg_menu_savepoint.lua

AI Automated
If Used: SAVE

Statistics
IsImmobile: Yes

Physic
Always Active: Yes

Sound
Sound0: (sound for Save and Load commands)
Sound1: (sound for other commands)"

And these for all other Save Points:

Quote: "General
Name: (anything but 'SAVE')
Static Mode: No

AI System
Main: moshroom_rpg_savepoint.lua

Statistics
IsImmobile: Yes"
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2016 12:08
Excellent. Thank you.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: The Game
Posted: 23rd Jan 2016 12:53
Quote: " Unfortunately no, because there isn't a SetPlayerLocation command yet in GameGuru. There is a possible workaround, but it's not yet implemented to the script. How soon will you need it? "

How about using the data provided with checkpoints, I know checkpoints are for if you die, but what about saving the variable the checkpoint produces and then using that to feed the data for a savepoint, they wouldn't be able to save anywhere on the map, but it would be some sort of progression. I'd try it myself, what i'm imagining is like in Tomb Raider where you go to a camp fire and save your last location.
Moshroom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2016 13:06 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2016 13:07
Quote: "How about using the data provided with checkpoints, I know checkpoints are for if you die, but what about saving the variable the checkpoint produces and then using that to feed the data for a savepoint, they wouldn't be able to save anywhere on the map, but it would be some sort of progression."

I don't think checkpoints communicate with LUA. This is all there is in the global.lua:

But the same can be achieved with the IfUsed -workaround which I did today (first post in the page 2 of this thread). This also enables always active Save/Load which I also included in the new version of the script.
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2016 13:12
Ah cool, i wasn't sure what info the checkpoint provided, i suppose it must be hardcoded, at least you have a workaround, nice job.
grinseengel
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, since today I get when using the RPG scripts menu Save and load following error. Look at the picture, please. Do you have any idea? These are the original scripts.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Moshroom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2016 13:48
Hi. Interesting. I can't check the code today because I have night shift at work and after that I have to drive 300 km. But I'll see to it tomorrow. Meanwhile try to remove the save files (slotx.dat) and try again. They may have corrupted for some reason.
grinseengel
Years of Service
User Offline
You need to test anything. The reference to the slot.dat was very good . I had new variables that have not been saved . That was the mistake .
ShazamHam
Years of Service
User Offline
Will I be able to use your rpg scripts in multiplayer?
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2016 13:14
As of right now custom scripts can not be used in multiplayer. That may open up with the save load stuff getting done.

The syncing of scripts does not work the best on the steam servers right now and is getting looked at.

But when we can do this, there should also be multiple levels in multiplayer.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

ShazamHam
Years of Service
User Offline
Meh... I wish I knew how to script... Damn scripting always slowin meh down. Thank you for the response though.
PM
Moshroom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2016 09:44 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2016 09:46
Hi. As long as the LUA compatibility in multiplayer isn't fixed, custom scripts can't be used at all. When they do, this set of scripts will probably still not work correctly, because I'm not sure how the current commands affect multiple players. For example if one player calls menu, will everyone see it? If one player uses item, will every player get the effect, etc.? I'm pretty sure that the battle mechanics work out of box, but then again not sure whether everyone will see the prompt about one player attacking one enemy, etc.

When the LUA starts to work in multiplayer, I'll investigate and see how the scripts work. If some tweaking is needed, I'll tweak. If they are completely unusable, I will create another set of script for multiplayer.

Edit: And the current type of in-game RPG Menu isn't even practical in multiplayer because it's operated with w, a, s and d keys and calling the menu stops all player and ai movement.
ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2016 20:05 Edited at: 5th Feb 2016 20:06
Hi Moshroom, Could you tell me how I get Updated Scripts that I have Purchased. I went into my Accounts page, and my Purchases, but the Download Button never worked, it was the same as when a Button is grayed out. In Unity you have a screen that shows Items to be UpDated ?.

Many Thanks
PM
Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2016 21:00
You update them inside GameGuru the same way you got them originally by clicking file/download
ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2016 06:41
Thanks Belidos for the Info:

Moshroom I am confused as to which are the New Correct Scripts to use. Could you please confirm which of files in the attached Image are the one's I should now use as a few have nearly the same file name ?!!!. Great Scripting work though...

Attachments

PM
Moshroom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2016 07:29
Hi. Sorry for inconvenience. I clearly didn't think enough when I updated the scripts.

All except savepoint (should be 2x.1.2016) seem to be up to date. You don't need status prompt because you have the menu. You also don't need the battle message, because it's integrated to the current version of the menu.

One thing that may cause confusion: Quest kill and quest killrpg are different scripts, but both are up to date. Kill ai doesn't use rpg stats (these are mainly for people who want to use my quests, but want to make fps game) and killrpg ai does. The killrpg soldier currently doesn't exist, because I couldn't figure out a way to make guns react to vitality stat. (More info about quest scripts, please see the store page.)

Later today (when I get to my non-tablet so I can check the actual dates) I'll add the update dates to the first post of this thread so you can check from there in the future.
ozziedave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2016 16:00 Edited at: 6th Feb 2016 16:02
G' Day Moshroom, it gets complicated because yesterday I copied your additional scripts on your forum pages to Word, and then to LUA file's,
so the dates on those files will be yesterday's, not the true date that you embedded them in the forum.

Just don't wan't GG to crash when the scripts don't match. Is the date's on the Main scripts I purchased correct, tried to see if there were updates on my Account Page, but the Download for the Scripts I purchased from you could not be clicked on.

Many Thanks
PM
Moshroom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2016 14:01 Edited at: 26th Feb 2016 14:05
Version 1.3 of RPG Menu was uploaded to the Store today (26.2.2016). New features:
- 1st player Flashlight can be turned on/off from the Equipment menu
- If Hunger, Thirst and Tiredness script is used, the Survival variables will be visible in the Status screen and Survival tips in the Equipment screen
- New item type: 61 - Survival : Food
- New item type: 62 - Survival : Drink
- New item type: 63 - Survival : Adrenaline
- New item type: 70 - Extra Life
- Corrected the folder of Save and Load script to scriptbank\Moshroom\ (Thank you Honkeyboy for pointing this out)

Attachments

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2016 14:09
That is fantastic. You rule. Thank you.
These are a great set of scripts. Having them all work together is a great bonus.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Feb 2016 19:05
oooooo there it is goes off to edit the shop thanks Moshroom
Moshroom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2016 19:47
A quick update: Version 1.121 of GameGuru changed the behaviour of GetTimer(e) function which changed the way the Agility stat works. This caused the old version of the Battle Mechanics script to render all the enemies invulnerable because the timer resets itself before being read. In other words: Every enemy has "infinite" Agility and evades 100 % of the time. The bugfixed version of the script, "1.121" has been uploaded to the Asset Store today. If you encounter problems with the script, make sure that you have the correct version.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2016 16:10
Thank you.

Gamemaker123825
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2016 06:50
Hello, I have a question on the moshroom_rpg_npc_talking.lua , how do I make a dat file with some text, I have tried to name it like NPC.dat with just a hello but instead I get the message from the lua script, I have put it in the Moshroom folder and the scriptbank but I still get the lua basic talking, not my dat file, is there something else I need to setup? Thanks for your time.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2016 13:38
These .dat files are being looked for in the Game Guru/files folder.
Have the character name the name of the .dat file for there talking.

Gamemaker123825
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2016 17:40
Cool Thank you very much, its working know
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2016 17:52
You are welcome.

Atlantis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2016 00:26
Thank you for making this script set. I purchased the RPG set https://en.tgcstore.net/pack/10725. I didn't see the survival one until a bit later, so will purchase that one next payday.

Please forgive my ignorance. I'm not certain what states your save program saves. I also purchased https://en.tgcstore.net/product/19812. If I place a trophy on a table or drop some items in a box, how do I go about saving the position of that item in the gameworld? Or can that not be done?
PM
Moshroom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2016 19:23 Edited at: 16th Apr 2016 19:31
Quote: "Please forgive my ignorance. I'm not certain what states your save program saves."

No problem. It saves player health, player lives, player location and all the data from my scripts (RPG variables, Survival variables and Quest data).
Quote: " I also purchased https://en.tgcstore.net/product/19812. If I place a trophy on a table or drop some items in a box, how do I go about saving the position of that item in the gameworld? Or can that not be done? "

That's DVader's script, so by default my script doesn't read data from it. I don't own it so unfortunately I can't check how it handles the item position data. However It's probably possible to add it to my script, but you need to do it manually. Here's how. Assuming DVader's script uses individual variables called ItemPositionX, ItemPositionY, ItemPositionZ to handle the item position (which it probably doesn't but let's assume it just to show you the principle). Find this part of my scrip:

And edit like this:

Then find this:

And edit like this:

Basicly like that. If DVader's script uses tables to store data, please open my script and look above the lines I posted here how the tables can be saved.

Note that I had originally intended to make my script save all the entity position automatically, but I had to scrap it because the GameGuru version of the time I wrote the script had a bug that made it read the Y-coordinate wrong (bug that I reported here: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/213704). I left the code in the script and just commented it out. If you want to try whether it helps, find this:

And edit it like this:

I'm not sure whether the bug has been fixed. I'll test it myself it soon but first I have to figure out a workaround to another bug introduced by GameGuru version 1.3 (this particular bug shouldn't affect Menu_Save/Load script, only Multi-Map script).
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
How do we name the characters? instead of just having question marks? The information on the GG store is very vague. Instuction Video please!
"So let it be written; so let it be done."
PM
Kalle801
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2016 12:06
Is it possible to use this in multiplayer with a sql script ?
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2016 13:58
No it is not. Custom scripts do not work in multiplayer yet.

Belidos
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2016 14:10
Something I've been meaning to ask for a little while now.

Does your save/load system integrate with the save/load system Lee added recently?

Ie: does saving from Lees save/load system also save your variables, and vice versa? or are they completely independent?

i7, NV960 4GB, 16GB memory, 2x 4TB Hybrid, Win10.
i5 , AMD 6770 1GB, 8GB memory, 512GB Generic SATAIII + 2TB Seagate Baracuda SATAIII, Win7.
i3, Radeon integrated graphics, 4GB memory, 512gB Generic SATAII, Win8.1.
Q6600, Intel integrated graphics, 2GB memory, 180GB Generic SATAII, WinXP.
Moshroom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2016 22:57
Hi. Not yet. The official save/load system recognises the RPG stats, but not inventory (except the equipped equipment) because inventory data is stored on tables and not in individual variables. My save/load in the other hand doesn't work on multiple maps and doesn't make a file that can be loaded from the main menu. I currently don't have a solution ready for this. Maybe it'll be possible to fully integrate these two in the future.
Moshroom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2016 23:52 Edited at: 21st Jun 2016 23:59
I created a new RPG compatible script that makes use of the Time variables of the RPG module. This will allow doors that player must reach before a certain time limit (for example if you want to hide a "super weapon" behind the door to reward a player who has reached a certain point of the game fast enough) and doors that are only accessible after certain play time. There are also 'Fluctuating' doors that fluctuate between locked and unlocked. The script is published in the Asset Store:

https://www.tgcstore.net/product/27997

(The inspiration for this script came from my friends who managed to lock themselves outside a student association's sauna that has an electronic lock that locks after 10 PM. I promised to buy them beer if the number of sales of this script reaches 50.)

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:27:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:27:58