Work In Progress / Cowboy Shootout

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Name: “Cowboy Shootout"

Developer: Len the man

Story:

Some cowboys have chased you into a canyon and you need to shoot your way out. The near by town is full of their friends, so you will need to shoot your way out in order to get away.

Info.:
I adjusted the sliders to create a yellow tone, so it looks like an old cowboy movie.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2015 04:16
I'm always glad to see a western game being made. If you would like some free western style buildings I posted some of my older work here- https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/213225 hope you can use them. Best of luck on the project.

Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the western buildings... they look great.
PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2015 00:25
Not a problem, I'm looking forward to seeing updates on your Project

Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a new picture of the town I made with the new Western buildings made by Disturbing 13.

I am doing a lot of work to try to make this game. I am trying to add music, some sound f/x, and some creative ways to get health points and get more types of guns than just a revolver.

Fortunately there are some good instruction videos, and good information here in the Game Guru forum.

I wish I had some good cowboy models like there are in the old FPSC model pack 73. Unfortunately I have seen some folks say that the model pack 73 is not compatible with Game Guru. If it was compatible, I think I would buy it.
PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if that picture came through or not, but here it is in another format.

Attachments

PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Here are some more good pictures from my work so far.

Attachments

PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2015 23:23 Edited at: 29th Sep 2015 23:27
I did a lot of work over the weekend to finish my first 2 levels that will likely be my demo version of the game.

I even added a cut-scene video to roll the credits for the game at the end of level 2.

I have also added a big mesa in the distance, and a few small ones on the sides to box in the area.

I also finished putting in some music, sound f/x, and finished fixing a lot of small things to make it a better game.

I might put this in the showcase section of the forum some day soon.

If anyone expresses interest in this game, I might be willing to expedite putting it in the showcase soon. However, since the game is so big, I might need to put it in a drop box account.

Attachments

PM
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2015 05:21 Edited at: 30th Sep 2015 05:25
What are you using for enemies? The atmosphere settings really make those buildings look great! Have you checked out Cosmic Prophet's official modelpack for FPSC. It's modelpack 73 if I remember correctly. Man if someone would post a .fpe that would make all the FPSCclassic enemy models work with lua commands you would be set with a variety of old west inhabitants.

Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2015 15:50 Edited at: 1st Oct 2015 16:41
Thanks for the compliment on the atmosphere. I agree that the atmosphere makes everything look good.

Thanks for reminding me about Model Pack 73 also.

I have looked at Model Pack 73 several times, and I like the way everything in the pack looks.

I am beginning to see that I need to buy Model pack 73.

I will use the “Predicate C" converter and see how it turns out. Even if the characters do not work, the buildings and other stuff in the pack look good. The next level could have a big shootout in the saloon.

I agree and wish someone would make an fpe that would work with the LUA commands so the old FPSC characters would work. That would be great.

As of right now, my enemy characters in my game are made with the GG character creator with cowboy hats. They look fairly okay, but the character creator has limited types of clothing such as T-shirts, body armor, or modern looking clothes. So all my enemy cowboy characters have different colored T-shirts. I wish I could use the cowboy models from model pack 73. That would be great.

I will post a few pictures of my enemy cowboy characters so you can see what they look like with T-Shirts.

Attachments

PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2015 16:36 Edited at: 12th Oct 2015 16:55
Here is the link to download my first 2 levels that are put together as a demo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmkpef405ooy3gb/Cowboy-Shootout-001.7z?dl=0

If anyone plays the demo and has some helpful suggestions, feel free to give any helpful suggestions to further improve the game. Anyone who gives good constructive suggestions will be put in the credits roll at the end of the next version of the demo game as a beta-tester. If you give any other help such as scripts, models, etc. you will be given credit in the ending credits roll.

I will add more levels for the final finished version of the game.

I have also added a blog website to display my stuff as well. You can find it at the following address:

https://www.myfamiliesgames.wordpress.com
PM
Len the man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2015 16:53 Edited at: 12th Oct 2015 17:11
Here is an instruction book I made for the game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4rfsa8gtf0kqqq/Cowboy%20Shootout%20Instruction%20Book.pdf?dl=0

It is a PDF file.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:31:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:31:42