3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Guru ROADS V1 - The Ultimate Urban Roads + City Creation System for Game Guru

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Gears of War 4
Posted: 19th Aug 2015 23:43 Edited at: 10th Sep 2015 02:32

Hello all, and welcome to the development thread for my next model pack for Game Guru, introducing Guru Roads: Volume One!

This pack is going to contain everything you need to build a city using a drag and drop road system for Game Guru. I have a lot of ideas for what I want to include in the pack, and have began the process of building the assets. You will see that the roads in the pack so far contain a grunge texture, and the emphasis is on a post apocalypse atmosphere. I may go on and craft some cleaner iterations for these roads, I am not sure yet. I will be uploading new assets in this thread, so stay tuned! Here are some sample shots of the media I have produced so far:

In Game Screenshots: **UPDATED**

As always, textures are all high resolution, normal and spec included.

Thanks for checking it out! If enough people want to see, I can create a video demonstrating what it is like city building with the kit so far. I would like to include a lot of content in this pack, so, as always please drop in the comments your suggestions for what you would like to see in the pack!

Cheers!
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2015 08:36
these are spectacular, again you will have my coin when these are released. Don't forget the pot holes lol
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I really like your texture work, high quality what you did again and again, but your buildings this time look a little bit too generic. And the streets have very unusual curves.

please donĀ“t be mad at me...
My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2015 14:07
looks great, i will buy this! ps.: i don't have a hole in the street for a sewer tunnel yet...
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2015 22:16
NEW UPDATE

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2015 14:02
Are these in a pack as yet, they look amazing. wow
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2015 22:42
NEW UPDATE

As you can see, some new assets have been built for the pack. A traffic barrier and many sign types! More updates to come soon!
As always, suggestions are welcome!

@Tarkus The pack is coming soon I am slowly adding the content into the store, but expect them all to be in a full pack soon.

@Corno_1 I completely understand, the road in the shot is not that curved. That is just a corner piece, and I am working on a smoother curved piece.

@nuncio Thanks! Great idea! Some pieces with holes in them for creative uses. Will work on something.

Be back soon!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2015 00:19
Yes even though I am fantasy I think a new project may happen at some point but not for a while. Maybe after first installment of twin worlds.
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2015 20:13 Edited at: 9th Sep 2015 20:13
This pack will be so useful, I can't wait Amazing work.

http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/185#.Vd9sJflVhBd
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2015 02:31
NEW UPDATE

Hello! Here are some new screenshots that showcase some of the new media being developed for this pack. You will notice that I have created smooth curved sections for the roads. I will say, this is pack allow you to build really nice cityscapes, if you put the time in to populate the scene. The screenshots you will see below are from a quick scene I made in 10 minutes, using various assets that I have lying around. I will expand my city buildings after this pack is finished, that way there are more options to create cities. You can really see the effect of Game Guru's most recent graphical upgrades here, specifically depth of field and also the vignette. I am very happy with the media of this pack, and I hope there are others out that who's games could benefit with the media. See screenshots below.

Some notable additions, you may have seen on the store already but here they are:

Sewers, Grates and manholes. Wooden Telephone lines, multiple versions. The road barrier has been expanded to accommodate a curved road.

The way the road is built is in sections, and you can drag and drop pieces and interchange them. For example, there is a crosswalk piece, and also there will be a piece that has a massive hole cut in the middle, for you to create a hole in the road. More dirty and grime entities will be included as well. Let me know your thoughts! I would like to hear more thoughts on what you would like to see in this pack!

@Tarkus1971 Thanks!! Glad to hear about your excitement for the pack!! I hope it will serve you well in your games!!
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2015 17:20
NEW UPDATE

Hello guys! Here are some street signs that have been created! An easy to use template will be provided to make your own street name. Right now about 40 different street names are included in the pack! You can now create your own city using the assets provided, just a matter of time before it is fully live on the store! Grab it early as one pack here: https://en.tgcstore.net/pack/10666

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2015 21:35 Edited at: 21st Sep 2015 19:11
now that is seriously impressive. Great work, every pack you make seems to get better and better. Just bought this pack but I dont seem to have the 4 way street names signs in the pack ?

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2015 19:15
ideas - bus stop signs, bus shelter, dirty and clean, phone kiosks, advertising signs (blank so we could add our own ads,) public convenience signs, pedestrian crossing points with flashing buttons on the posts. no parking cones. Just a few things

xenoblackinc
Years of Service
User Offline
I Want to BUY NOW!
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2015 17:31
I now have the 4 way road name signs in the pack I downloaded, lovely work now i must build a city

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2015 23:18 Edited at: 24th Sep 2015 02:48
@Tarkus: Excellent suggestions! I will work on a bus stop and bus signs for you

The pack is available in the store now : https://en.tgcstore.net/pack/10666
NEW UPDATE

As you can see I have been busy adding more content to this pack. I have also added a lot of content from the VA library to the pack as well. Here is a street light, two versions, a double light and a quad light. Also! An awesome destroyed version that brings the who post apocalyse feeling to life.

Let me know your suggestions!!
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2015 08:43
That is some real nice artwork around here.

Harry
Harry
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2015 10:19 Edited at: 24th Sep 2015 11:58
another idea, the long straight road piece, how about 1 and both end broken and cracked like part of the road has collapsed into a void in the terrain
also some traffic lights, dirty and clean maybe, broken etc

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2015 12:15
It seems the all the road barriers collision mode is set to 1, poly, massive slowdown when you go near them, I have set mine to 0, box collision, but when an addition is added to the pack and re-downloaded, will this reset to 1 ?

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2015 20:40
@HarryWever: Thanks!! Glad you like what I've shown

@Tarkus: Great suggestions keep em comin'! As to your question about the colliosion mode with the store downloads, I think it will only re-download if I update the asset files so you should be good. I'm not sure though.

NEW UPDATE:

So here is a road piece with a massive hole in it that you can place on the gound. You can see here in these screenshots what it looks like with water underneath, it adds a cool effect to a destroyed road

Cheers!! Again the pack is available here: https://en.tgcstore.net/pack/10666

Please add any requests to this thread and I will do my best to create them! Tarkus I will begin working on some bus stops soon I added some parking lot decals to the pack please refresh for updates to get the street signals and parking.
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2015 07:46
Brilliant pack ! Your work just gets better and better Tony

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 2GB
Laptop - Windows 10 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2015 18:08
nice hole in the road, excellent, how about a crumbling edge of the road where they would normally join together

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2015 23:04
@Emrys Thanks a lot I really appreciate your comments

@Tarkus1971: Your wish is my command! See my update below

I'll start on the bus transportation stuff soon, I'm going to create more destroyed versions of the road pieces to combine and create some cool things. The pack is definitely were I had imagined it to be a month ago, and I'm really happy with the response I've seen so far in the store and in this thread. Anyone that would like me to make something for the pack please feel free to request in this thread

New Update:

More updates soon! cheers for now
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2015 18:09
Tremendous work teamhalo, if you have no objections I will post some screenshots here soon, this pack is just what is needed for GG. Nice One The broken roads and pot holes look great.

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2015 18:20
OK a few more ideas, not strictly "Roads" but may fit with the feel of the pack.

Roadworks signage, road drills, a few big road repair machines, tarmac pile, portaloo cabins, a lot I know but I'm sure you can do it...... having such good fun with this pack.... and good on fps too.

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2015 20:45
@Tarkus1971 Thanks for your kind comments I'm so glad you are having fun with the pack, that make me feel great!! Absolutely, please please post your screenshots in this thread, I really want to see what scenes you can come up with! What ideas for envirnoments can you create with these assets, combined with the stuff you have? Looking forward to your screenshots

- Also, fantastic more suggestions, i'll see what I can do with my time later this week!

Quick Update

Simple Potholes

MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2015 21:56
@teamhalo what ever happen to the kitchen sink for the other pack? also this is looking good.
more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2015 19:13 Edited at: 28th Sep 2015 20:12
Here are a couple of quick screens I knocked up earlier..... never built a city before, so just getting to grips with many assets to use. Very dark city, of course.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
All looks amazing
Just Purchased this one
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2015 19:02 Edited at: 30th Sep 2015 19:03
@MXS: Thanks! Good question... seam to have lost track of development for the extra assets on that pack. I may have the files lying around someone, If i finish it i'll have it uploaded.

@Tarkus: Those screenshots look awesome!!! Feel free to post more! I'm curious what you could come up with in a daylight scene

@synchromesh: Thank you so much for your support, and compliments!! Please let me know what you think of the pack after you get a chance to try what has been created so far, and let me know of things you would like to see added

NEW UPDATE

I've created some high detailed rubble piles for this pack. They are textured to fit the style of the roads, and look great when placed together and scaled. You can really flesh out destroyed cities using these pieces with some creative combinations of media. The scene below was created in about 5 minutes using a few pieces from the pack.

More screenshots of your scenes welcome I will update again soon
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2015 21:47
Daylight screens will be here soon. That rubble looks really good.

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2015 05:15
Great work, teamhalo.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2015 17:47
@ teamhalo
Great as usually mate.
It mashes with my apocalipsis level.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 10 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2015 22:24
@Tarkus: looking forward to those shots

@3com: looks awesome!!!

Hello all, an exciting new update is coming to the model pack later in the next few days.

NEW UPDATE

I have begun building an overpass system for Guru Roads, that fits the same style and texture set of all the roads. It's a lot of work to create these models, but I feel you will all be happy with the result after they are finished

Please post your screenshots of your scenes in this thread, I am eager to see more
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2015 16:51
Really nice.
Just bought it, and very nice models...

Harry
Harry
PM
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2015 21:21
@Harry: Thanks so much for your support I am so happy you are satisfied with the quality of the models! Post some screenshots of your scenes if make anything, I''d love to see what you can come up with using the media.

NEW UPDATE:

Ok so I went overboard with this overpass system, it will include a lot of options to create overpasses and similiar structures. Here is what I have been working on today, a fully destroyed overpass piece that has fallen due to wear and tear. Similiar to what you would see in a post apocalyptic situation.

Post your comments, suggestions, and screenshots! These new additions will be added to the pack soon. Take care all
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2015 19:26
wow superb add ons for the pack, very fallout 3, these will used most definately, amazing.

Daylight screens below, very WIP though

Attachments

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2015 22:59 Edited at: 16th Oct 2015 23:00
@Tarkus: Those screenshots are awesome, it's great seeing how the roads look with other buildings and vehicles, they look like actual screenshots from a video game city! Great work!

New Update

I've made a lot of progress on the Overpass System. I have completed the on ramp, and I must say the scale of these really take the entire road system to the next level. I am so excited to bring these models to you guys, it will change the city creation abilities for your Guru Projects

Expect and update with the overpass pieces next week. I will building the remaining files for the store this weekend. I have to retexture the overpass support to fit the new road textures.

After the overpass is completed, I will be building some variations of Street Signal lights, and maybe some additional signage. Afterwords production may start on a bus stop.

Post your screenshots and suggestions here, I'd love to hear from you guys
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2015 02:37
Awesome work! I bought this pack a couple weeks ago and I never even saw this thread. When I was working with it, I had a couple ideas but they've since escaped me. (I will get back to you when I have time to play with it again!) This pack was something I've been hoping for for a long time. I even had started my own, but honestly they didn't look as nice as these! Thank you!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2015 14:02
Superb, this add on of overpasses will really open up some great ideas.... thanks for this great pack.

I know this might take a lot of work, even if it]s possible, what about as an idea some underpasses now that would be cool. Dark, Damp and Scary....

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2015 18:25
NEW UPDATE

The support pieces are finished, and I am in the process of uploading to the store. The Overpass pieces have been added to the store, and also added to the model pack, update your store downloads to try out the new content

@Jerry Tremble: Thank you so much for the support! I am glad that you are satisfied with the pack so far, please let me know your ideas as you remember t hem, and I will do my best to produce more content! Post some screenshots of your work if you like

@Tarkus: Thanks a lot for the kind words, I really appreciate your gratitude, i do hope these assets will be valuable to your game development! An underpass is interesting, - post some example photos of what you mean by that, my first thinkning is tunnels of some sort. Thanks again More screens of your work would be awesome with the new overpass stuff!
HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2015 21:16
Really great,
updating the pack........

Harry
Harry
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
This is Awesome .... I'm finding all these great extras in my pack ..
It was worth every penny before ...This is a huge bonus ..

Thanks TeamHalo
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2015 05:30
@Harry: Thanks for the kind words glad you like the updates

@synchromesh: I am so happy you are satisfied with this pack, it means a lot to hear that from you! Stay tuned for more, also, if you have any suggestions for what you would like added, please let me know!

NEW UPDATE

Here is a quick update of what I added to the pack tonight. It is a simple bent destroyed piece that can be used to create a destroyed section of highway, in a more realistic look than the flat piece you can see earlier in the thread.
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2015 09:31
These are incredible, will make sure I put these to very good use, thanks sooooo much

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2015 11:05
Reminds me of Fallout:New Vegas.
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2015 13:42
Very, very, very cool just Wow in fact !

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 2GB
Laptop - Windows 10 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
OldPMan
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
!!! By really cool !!!
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2015 20:57 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2015 21:00
Fallout GameGuru......

Attachments

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2015 01:29 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2015 02:22
I love the new updates to the pack. Nice of you to include them in this pack instead of putting them in Volume 2! Which, btw, I'm really looking forward to. Also, not to act like your financial advisor of anything, you might want to consider (Volume 2) because, for the price of this pack, it really is a steal. I hope to have some time this weekend to play around with this some more. I have some other pavements/roads from elsewhere that I want to scale/resize to line up with these.

EDIT: Just so there's no confusion, I'm not against free stuff!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-17 16:10:22
Your offset time is: 2024-06-17 16:10:22