Feature Creep / Geocaching

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Guru
Posted: 30th Jul 2015 23:20
The ability to use a locator to find various resources strewn throughout the game. Example: A player equips their geo locator to find minerals, objects of desire, water etc. It will guide them to the location to retrieve whatever item it is. Maybe the geolocator would give the players various details of said and multiple items it detects, such as, amount of resource, type of resource, current value of resource, etc.

In multiplayer, the geolocator and geocache box/locations could be used to locate objects other players add to the map. Example: A player uses a geocache box to drop items so other players can find them with a geolocator and use them, like money or entities, weapons, whatever.

*One train of thought is, other than it being fun to use singleplayer, it could also be used multiplayer to find mines and stuff like that. Or maybe the player gets distracted by a geocache location and goes after that instead of doing what they are suppose to, like sticking with the team. Things of that nature.

Basically, it's a metal detector that finds other things in the game. And it is a mini game, it would be possible to create a game based just on that one tool, and a basketful of assets.

Thanks
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2015 18:59
that's a great idea. I like it +1
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
FabledFoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2015 19:48
Thanks. That would be fun. I think It would add a couple more easy layers to the game, and players may have fun tinkering with it. I know I would.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2015 22:27
If you feel this is import then put it in the voting section, that is what it is for. Add your choices that are not on the voting list to the bottom section.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

FabledFoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2015 04:07
Can't remember if I sent this one or not. Will do. Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 22:07:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 22:07:33