Feature Creep / Fishing, Farming, Racing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Guru
Posted: 30th Jul 2015 22:26
Fishing-The ability to fish and use fish as ingredients in crafting and make baits for fishing.

Farming- The ability to farm and harvest crops and use or sell crops for crafting.

Racing- The ability to multiplayer and single player race to win on a track.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2015 22:29
If you feel this is import then put it in the voting section, that is what it is for. Add your choices that are not on the voting list to the bottom section.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

FabledFoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2015 03:26
Oh, it's very important. I thought that's partly what this thread was. What is this thread?
FabledFoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2015 20:05
Update Aug, 12, 2015: I found some fishing scripts, but I don't know how to use them with GameGuru.
"Don't give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you."- SS <*})))><
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2015 11:22
DVader and Aushadow did some farming scripts, there were some videos on YouTube.

FabledFoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2015 19:38 Edited at: 17th Aug 2015 19:40
Yes, that's very cool, it's shows that at least it's possible on some level. While we're here-- the farming concept I had in mind is a little more involved. Flexible is my middle name though.

I Feature Creeped the legacy spawning. And am voting heavily on the crafting side of things with the Community Voting.

In the game I'm designing, the plants need to be regrown via a planting exercise. (Player plants a seed on player prepared ground, and the plant grows, the crop is fertilized, then the crop can be picked, sold and used to craft, and the grind continues.)

-The plants are to be fertilized (this is important, as it is integral to the story), and a mixing tool for the fertilizer will be incorporated into the game--hopefully, I may have to do it another way. (The player will use a mixing tool to make fertilizer with various components, trying to balance the proper amount of components to the proper level of strength the fertilizer needs to be.) It could also be that player throws everything into a bucket and gets what fertilizer the bucket gives them, but that veers away from the story's message.-- I can make it work though.

Example: Player adds 1 component of #1 to the mixing tool and it registers 1 of 6 of three or more different nutrients needed to make a specific fertilizer blend. All 6 components of all 3 or more nutrients won't be needed all the time. Sometimes, and quite often, only 2 of component #3 to make nutrient #3 at strength 2 will be needed to make a certain type of fertilizer.

Blend 1
Component #1. N = 0/ 6
Component #2. P = 0/6
Component #3. K= 2/6
Prompt "Makes a Blooming solution at 2 strength. 3 STR is to strong and kill the plants." And other bad stuff happens somewhere else in the game.
Mix and Collect.

Blend 2
Component #1. N = 3/ 6
Component #2. P = 3/6
Component #3. K= 3/6
Prompt "Makes an all purpose solution at 3 strength. 4 STR is to strong and kills the plants." And other bad stuff happens in the game.
Mix and Collect.

The fertilizer made by the tool can then be collected and placed on the crops, this regulates their growth. If the fertilizer is inappropriately used it could stunt the plants growth and/or kill it and other bad things happen in the game. If used properly the plants flourish and all kinds of other good stuff happens.

Seeds are collected from crops primarily, secondarily, and custom:

-Primarily = Player waits until seeded stage of plant to collect seeds only.

-Secondarily = When a crop is picked, every once in a while player will receive a seed along with the component from a single plant or small group of plants picked.

- Custom= a specialized seed that is crafted by the player. This seed comes from a plant that a player cross bred with another plant to produce a custom seed.

I think I got it all.

But yes, thank you for the video and information, it was a very nice surprise. And if things don't work out I'll have some sort of farming to do in another game.
"Don't give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you."- SS <*})))><
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
its possible but you'll need to spend a substantial time scripting it (or someone else) and the scripts in the video are a solid starting point to expand from.
this stuff will likely never happen as part of the core engine but hopefully in future it will be easier for beginners to write scripts (with some type of auto-fill or something)
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
FabledFoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2015 21:37
Yeh, that's the end goal scenario. I think if we keep giving GG support it will eventually come to fruition. A crafting system will help with a lot of it. If not, I'll have to do with what we have. It's not that bad, I can work with it. And like you said, It is a very good starting point. I am half tempted to get on it right this second.

There are so many other things that need to happen before I use that, it's insane .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:36:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:36:35