Off Topic / Collaboration Team

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2015 19:52 Edited at: 1st Aug 2015 06:08
It's present day and an unknown virus has caused zombie-like symptoms in the populace of a small American city. The United States government has begun taking steps to control the situation. Playing the bad guy with his own agenda, you're sent in to investigate and if possible, seize the virus for your employers; Powerful figures who want to manufacture the virus into a biological weapon. An (as of right now) unnamed mercenary placing morality second to money. You'll face the military trying to cover up the outbreak, the rabid population, PMCs and even mutated creatures.

This is a very basic outline of the premise I've concocted to connect my levels. This action/adventure/thriller game does not currently have a name. Resident Evil 2 and F.E.A.R. are just two of my inspirations. I have three completed levels so far but they're a constant work in progress to improve and build on. I need help so I'm asking if anyone interested in joining me in this project? You'd get full credit of course and the end goal is a free steam release via greenlight. I want to make something the game guru devs will be proud to say they helped create with their software.

If you are willing, no matter your experience level, I will find meaningful tasks for you to help with. Coding, asset creation, level design, promotion, game balance, it's a lot of work and I want this to be a shared team effort. I plan on using dropbox to collaborate on the project.

I also have some ideas what I want the project to include. These aren't concrete but give me a target to shoot for. Some of these are regenerating health. iron sights (maybe no crosshairs). At least two "open world" levels that take place outside the city. Several linear levels that take place inside the city. A few set-pieces like destructible environments that are required to progress (walls, barricades, etc), Very light platforming and level traversal. Custom coding to give the game it's own unique feel (compass, alterations to ai and player values, etc). Light story elements via audio logs. Level music. Boss fights with custom music. Multiple modern-day weapons. And expanded assets from the Game Guru user store.

I've done at least once instance of all of these so they're all doable, but I need help to make this project great. I've included some screenshots. Feel free to post in this thread, email me or message me on steam to express your interest. Thanks.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2015 20:29
Yes, do this by posting in the PM system or starting a skype group chat, or any means you see fit. Team requests are closely monitored and generally not allowed on this board.

See AUP here: https://forum.game-guru.com/aup

Team Requests

We do not allow any form of team requests. This sort of discussion should be handled via the PM system in the majority of cases, with the exception of the Off Topic board where we do allow team requests for established projects only! This includes asking to join a team, asking people to join your team or asking about creating teams.

Therefor, I am moving this thread to the Off topic board right now.

Thank you.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:23:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:23:20