Work In Progress / Insomnia

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2015 21:13 Edited at: 26th Jul 2015 22:34
INSOMNIA

Developer: Peregrinus

Storyline: Are you in a horrific nightmare, or in M.C Escher dream? *Something I put together while having insomnia. *

Progress: You ever have those days where images just pop in your head? I couldn't sleep and I got ideas. Here is the result. Unfortunately, the zombie AI is not what you would call robust as you will see in the game demo. waiting on feedback for Hedge Zen, I came up with this.. I should probably sleep.

Download: Insomnia demo

Current version: 1.2 uploaded 7-26-15

Notes: Put in fencing to give AI a limited unobstructed path, giving zombies a range beyond 0 is a bad idea since they want to melee attack something out of range. changing field of view higher seems good though. Definitely play around with physics weight since it makes the ragdoll act better. Also, thinking about possibly using some waypoints for the zombies and seeing how they react. Added lightmapping to level, adjusted a few variables, added more platforming to the map. Changed lighting slightly , but only due to fragmented memory error? Edited using Style Guru for startup loading screen, etc.
sularus oth mithas

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Inertia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2015 00:52
Nice work, Peregrinus! Definitely was like being in a nightmare designed by Escher. I had fun collecting the guns and ammo, especially the sniper rifle, since that made easy work of the zombies. Thanks for sharing the demo--like Hedge Zen this was lots of fun to play.

Cheers,
Rick
Win7 x64 | i5 @3.3GHz | 4GB RAM | GTX580 1.5 GB
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 23:55:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 23:55:49