Work In Progress / WIP- Left Behind

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Just started making this game today. There is no real detail in it yet as I am just setting up the layout for the first part of the map. Things I am currently working on:

1. Calculating the number of bullets needed to kill all the bad guys, once sorted I will only allow the player to collect half the bullets needed so they are forced to search for gold coins and gold bars to purchase more at the stores.

2. Sort out the best locations for more stores when players will be needing more ammo.

3. Detail so the map sections blend in. At the moment you will notice things look a little out of place however once I have worked out how much ammo, store locations and other details I will be able to start adding more entities to help each section fit in.

Current issues:

1. I used the character builder to create the bad guys, I have noticed ( and you will see too) that their heads don't appear when they are far away. I have also noticed their heads don't appear in the entity menu.

2. Getting a merchant script error at the start. I believe this is because I tried to use a character I built with the character builder as it was working fine when I used a standard character.

Target:

To build a strategical game that requires the player to search for more gold to purchase weapons, ammo and keys. I will be adding location maps around the place so players can click and see where they are and where their next objective is. Also instruction notes and side mission notes will be placed around the map.

Once completed it will be a "Choose your own adventure" style game with multiple options and routes the player can take. There will be no turning back so once a player has committed to one mission they will not be able to try another mission.

Very early stages so a lot of work/coffee will be had.

More tutorials and freebies on my website
Win7 Ultimate 64bit, i7 , 32GB RAM Gskill, SSD, GTX 680, Logitech G19
Inertia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2015 23:55
I've been watching your tutorials so it's nice to see you putting it all together, so to speak. Great work, Brad.
Win7 x64 | i5 @3.3GHz | 4GB RAM | GTX580 1.5 GB
PM
Bradaus
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Inertia,

It will take me a little to build maps to the quality of others I have seen however we all have to start somewhere. I will be adding the entities I make and scripts I use (Scripts that I wrote and not purchased) on the site so others can download.

I hope my tutorials have helped.

Cheers,

Brad
More tutorials and freebies on my website
Win7 Ultimate 64bit, i7 , 32GB RAM Gskill, SSD, GTX 680, Logitech G19

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:38:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:38:26