Work In Progress / Lil Mia's Adventures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2015 19:27 Edited at: 29th Jun 2015 19:57
Developer: Knicker-Thief
Im completely new to modeling and game design all together, so any suggestions and critiscism is more than welcome. Im here to learn

Storyline: Your a brave little adventurer called Mia, or so you wanna believe.
The problem is, nobody else sees how awesome you are. So you set out to help and to prove to people just how brave you are by doing quests and battling monsters.

Description: The game is a cartoon based adventure game. I would like it to be scenary (pretty) orientated with many lil secrets, and to have many features, like an inventory system, quest system, merchants, day and night cycle and more... (im new to this but I already know that these features have not been implemented yet. I have bought Dvader's "RPG Merchant & AI Scripts" so far)

-I am using unfamillia cartoon technique, I love it (bought both his packs).
-I am using Rolfy's waves.
-I am also using Lafette waterfall set aswell.

I wont be buying my way through the whole game lol I will be using blender for the first time while using unfamillia's tutorials (man ur awesome).

Screenshots:

nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2015 20:27
i don't really know what to criticize because it already looks really nice!
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
Knicker Thief
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks alot man for the kind, altho its mostly down to unfamilla's models
I'm gonna start trying to make my first cartoon npc, cause I wanna add a little fruit stall.
Shall see ya it goes lol
JackalHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good. You should use the cartoon clouds instead.
PM
Knicker Thief
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks man
Yea I will probably use custom skyboxs after I clear other stuff up like the color of the sand and sea
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2015 19:01
Looking great Knicker Thief!

Good to see someone using the packs.

One small point. I would avoiding baking the lighting. It doesn't make any difference on performance and for some reason, gives all the models a flat shaded look.

Great looking little game so far. Glad to see some other assets in there that work well with it all.

Cheers

Jay.

Knicker Thief
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey unfamillia man!
Thanks for the kind words, my daughter is loving it lol She is my lil beta tester

I think I know what ya mean, but when I turn on realtime lighting my draw calls gets doubled and my frame rate drops big!

This is what I mean.

Unless I'm doing it wrong?
Thanks again
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2015 08:45
Wow, that's the biggest difference I have seen when switching between realtime and baked!

Impressive stuff there mate.

Have you tried messing with the floating islands? Once you can remove the terrain, you will see a HUGE jump in FPS. in a full level, crammed with assets, my level runs at around 170 fps. I usually cap it to 60 to save my GPU however.

Cheers

Jay.

Knicker Thief
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank man

I would love to use the islands, but I love the thought of the beach, bright blue sea, waterfalls and even the mountains. Im just not sure how to go about that if I used the mountains. Like I said I would love to use them, would be a good plot/storyline, visually spectular and I seriously could do with a good FPS boost.

If you have any ideas, please share man. Altho please remember, Im as new to this as a baby is to walking lol Im already having a few problems as you can see on the other thread with scripting

Thanks again for the support and kinds words

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 16:00:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 16:00:59