Work In Progress / My Egyptian Game, "Ahknaten's Tomb".

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
a re-tex of the bandaged zombie model. i started this years ago in another shooter-maker and wanted to pick it up in gameguru. just showing the desert and a character in these shots. props and environs to follow.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2015 03:39
Very nice looking
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
pixelpusher
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks teabone, i'd prefer to use my own character models such as skeletons, etc but i do not know the mechanics of getting custom characters to work in this software like i did in old 3dgamestudio. this mummy may be a placeholder because by the time the project's finished i'd have either learned how to get my own characters in there or maybe they'll have released the classic egyptian characters for gameguru (which would also get a re-tex anyway).
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2015 16:16
Hello pixelpusher! Have you tried importing your own characters yet and if so, where are you stuck?

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
pixelpusher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2015 20:01 Edited at: 25th Jun 2015 20:02
hey wolf,
i haven't tried importing my own animated characters, i've been working on this temple in sketchup, converting props and making textures. to make a slender skeletal humanoid animated and rigged and fumbling around with scripting it, a re-tex of an already working gameguru zombie is fine for now (although i really want skeletons with swords).
in 3dgamestudio, i only had to define 'stand', 'walk', 'attack' and 'die' frames for an animated/textured .mdl to work then simply attach their premade enemy_ai script. gameguru is a lot better in many ways but in other ways requires more steps.
this temple is just a test to see how things translate from sketchup and taking notes on what works and what doesn't.

..I have noticed even this low poly temple takes about a minute to load and trying to import a 5k poly model crashes the model importer. Not sure how much more I can do with this software with my computer specs.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:00:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:00:09