Off Topic / Introduction of me & SPAW Productions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2015 10:43
Hello people! I'm Wise, or SPAW Productions (as I hopefully will be know as in store when my items get approved)!

I'm new around here, but have been checking on these forums (and FPS creators) for years back. I have recently bought myself a copy of GameGuru (and some DLC:s). But, I have no clue about coding or game-making at all. However, I have always thought that game creation seemed like a fun thing to do, and mostly since I create music, I have always been interested to involve my music in game creation.

I will be putting up some stuff in the store (but some of my non-game music can be found here if your interested http://www.wisemencollective.se. 2 items are already waiting for approval, to check out how everything works. I will also attach these 2 free audio files to this post. Use them as you wish

* The first sample is a door knock. 5 rapid knocks on an old door. (259Kb .wav)
* Second file is a 7,47 min long background/FX track suitable as some form of interior ambience for sci-fi, industrial, modern etc settings (6,32MB .ogg)

I also wanna throw in a thank you to all the people helping out in the forums. With no knowledge of scripting at all, it's nice to have something as them LUA scripts work right of the bat (smallg has been very helpful to copy & paste for example), and all of you who release free assets. Great stuff.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2015 14:30
Welcome to the forums (or is that fora, or forii?) , The Wise.
TheWise
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 10:01
Thank you Gtox! I have 5 of your free assets downloaded already (Flower Bed 1&2, Stone door, overlays and a shark). Great stuff!

However, you totally lost me on the fora/forii part?
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 14:22
I was wondering what the plural of forum is. I'll stick with forums for now
TheWise
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2015 20:09
I was obviously not as wise as I thought!

However, in this post (from 2004), they claim that "Google lists 3,720,000 entries for fora and 119,000,000 for forums.
http://www.usingenglish.com/weblog/archives/000121.html

So both will do I guess
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 14:15:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 14:15:54