Off Topic / CopperCube 5

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2015 08:30 Edited at: 6th May 2015 10:17
Anyone tried it? While I feel loyal to Game Guru... I noticed CopperCube 5 has just been released on steam and I've got to say I'm rather impressed. While the graphics aren't exactly AAA like Unity 5, it still seems to have the advantage that Game Guru has which means it's easy to use without any programming knowledge. On the downside they don't seem to have an asset store for buying game ready assets, but otherwise there seem to be lots of features that Game Guru doesn't have yet. Though I'm sure there are features GG has which CopperCube 5 doesn't have...Anyone got any experience with CopperCube 5? Good/bad opinions? I'm tempted to download the demo and give it a go for 14 days.

Edit: Just tried the demo.. wasn't very impressed. Think I'll stick with GameGuru for the most part since I understand how to use it! Maybe start tinkering with Unity 5 while I wait for new features to be added to GameGuru. But I'm cautious.. Unity 5 is supposed to enter into the realms of programming hell so I'm very worried about using it. Though there are some nice asset packs in Unity asset store which claim to simplify the process of creating FPS games. But trying to get them all working together will probably be a challenge too big for me. Those packs of scripts and stuff are enormous all together and internetworking them will most likely prove impossible to me.
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 15th May 2015 16:24
I just gave it a quick try. I think it has a lot of potential, but is very rough around the edges. The water rendering was particularly bad with reflections that were completely crazy. The overall rendering was pretty low quality as well. With a better renderer and some fine-tuning of the tools and assets, this could be a great product. Sadly, though, most products like this never go beyond this state and ultimately never live up to their potential. NeoAxis is one that I will keep my eye on thoug. It looks like it could take it to the next level.
System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:04:49
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:04:49