Feature Creep / Respawn scripted from trigger zone

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The idea being that you can place trigger zones around the edge of the playable area of the map and if entered the player(s) respawn at the last checkpoint or at the spawn marker (either multiplayer or single player start marker).

This would easily solve the issue of being able to wander out of the map and getting lost away from the action.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
would you want the player to die or only be transported?
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
Either - an option of both would be really good! I think these two scripts should come as standard with GG so people can use them since it would eliminate the need to build large walls/mountains/rivers around a play area to stop people wandering off. And I love those randomly generated hills, they look too good to hide away from the players view.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
well with a bit of basic setup you can create basic versions already

to do it with health loss is very easy just use
kill_player_zone.lua

and attach the script to any zone you need to place in areas that will kill the player on entry

------------------

without health loss it's a bit less specific but with clever level design you can make it work
use this script on the zones to teleport the player back to the location set in the zone's ifused field
block_zone.lua

my setup is very simple as you can see in the video/picture but it works without any need for extra scripting and such
(only issue is if you hit a checkpoint and then go back to a previous zone it will still take you back to the start marker because that's where they are set to take you, can't change that yet but maybe eventually we will get the ability to change the ifused field from script)
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
That's really awesome smallg... it's great to see that working. I'd personally stick with the kill player script because it would teleport the player back to the last checkpoint or starter marker without need for further editing of the script. Thanks!

Don't see why they don't bundle this script with GG, it's great! Nice work
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 03:37:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 03:37:26