Feature Creep / Custom Weapon Building Feature

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure if someone has suggested this, or if this has been done with 3rd party software already, but custom weapons are a big issue.

When I first bought this, it looked amazing. A cheap, effective, easy, and decent looking game development program was exactly what I was looking for, because even though engines like unity and cry-engine exist, and even though I have the technical skill to use them, GameGuru saves a great deal of time, and allows you to make fun games with all the elements you need to get good results. I learned how to use blender, how to convert and import models, and I even learned a small bit of lua in the progress. However, I quickly found out that custom weapons take WAY to much experience with Game Guru's file structure, and all I just wanted to do was make a freakin' re-texture of a sword! I realized that it'd be infinitely better if the developers of Game Guru just added in a sort of extra feature, like the model importer, but with extended features revolving around weapons.

The way it'd work is that you could put in your weapon model, select the weapon type, a projectile if it's a gun, and maybe even some other features as well, like alternate fire modes, and maybe even a secondary fire thing, like a grenade.
I know that this may not be too fantastic of an idea, but I feel like customization is incredibly important, and should be expanded on as much as possible.

Thank you for your time, and I'm sorry if my wording wasn't really great. At the time of writing, I'm kinda tired.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2015 21:38
I know what you are looking for and suggesting but I also know that a feature like this will likely not be on the horizon soon. I'd still like to help you out so:

Quote: "I quickly found out that custom weapons take WAY to much experience with Game Guru's file structure,"

I've been using TGC stuff for years so for me, its harder in other engines. What is the issue you have with the folder structure, maybe I can help getting that sword of yours to work.

-Wolf
"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"
"absurdity has become necessity"
79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Broken Entity
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for responding!

About the sword, I'm a bit inexperienced with custom weapons, so I took the sword's file's and redid them.
I was able to get the sword in the game as an entity with a model and texture, and I was able to make it obtainable, but when you used it, it wouldn't do damage to enemies.

I'm sorry if what I'm saying is incredibly noobish, but I'm a tad new to Game Guru.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2015 23:11
Can you post your gunspec file please.
Did you replace the original hud.x file?
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Broken Entity
Years of Service
User Offline
1). I'm very sorry, but I deleted the files after I found out that it wasn't working.
2). I definitely replaced the HUD.x file in blender. I didn't animate it though, so I have a suspicion that the issue came from that.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:51:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:51:25