Feature Creep / A Crouch / Prone feature would be good and a Rifles Scope toggle setting

Author
Message
perelect
6
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 27th Mar 2015
Location: Australia
Posted: 16th Apr 2015 10:10
Crouch / Prone settings

I want to be able do the following

from standing
press c to crouch
press and hold c for 3 seconds or so to go prone
press c to crouch again
press c to stand

and

from standing
press and hold c for 3 seconds or so to go prone
press c to crouch again
press c to stand


Rifle Scope settings

Also with all rifles with scopes it would be good to have a click once on the RMB to enter scope mode.
Than click once again on the RMB to exit scope mode. that is toggle mode.

And the option to choose which setting you would like.
Standard click and hold or toggle mode for the scope.

I may be old, but at least my memory still ....mmm
perelect
6
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 27th Mar 2015
Location: Australia
Posted: 30th Apr 2015 04:36 Edited at: 30th Apr 2015 04:38
Some more features I thought to add to the Sniper ideas above.

1.
I have noticed the drop-off setting in the sniper rifles properties for gravity.
That made me think we need an sideways offset due to wind direction.
And the addition of a wind factor.

2.
A Sniper character added to the basic library, it could be the Rocket Man but just with a sniper rifle instead of the RPG.
But it would need to have a script change for better vision, beyond the 3000 or so cut off level, and also the character would need to be always visible and drawn onscreen beyond the 3000 or so cut off level. Visible beyond the 3000 level with the use of the scope on the rifle.

3.
An adjustable zoom setting on the scope view of sniper rifles adjusted by the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.

4.
When prone, you would be able to crawl around in the prone position.

5.
A faster / adjustable setting animation on the sniper rifle after you take a shot.
i.e. after I take a scoped shot it take about 3 to 4 seconds before you take the next shot.
It would be good to have this time adjustable so you can use it like a semi automatic rifle with a quick firing rate.
This could be already possible with modifying the scripting but I am not that good yet.
It would be good to have a firing rate option in the properties setting of the rifle for easy adjustment.

6.
I am not sure how this would work.
The feature that registers what spot you shot the character in.
i.e. It could tell the difference between Headshots, Arms, Legs, Torso, etc. Which could be scored differently for each spot hit.
or if it an arm shot it would take two hits to kill the character.

That's it for now....
I may be old, but at least my memory still ....hmmm

Pavilion dv6 Notebook, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, Radeon (TM) HD 6490M, 2789 MB Memory. Resolution 1366x768, Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. (WEI 5.8)
smallg
Community Leader
15
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 8th Dec 2005
Location:
Posted: 30th Apr 2015 14:34
Quote: "3.
An adjustable zoom setting on the scope view of sniper rifles adjusted by the mouse wheel to zoom in and out."


the slider for camera zoom % already adjusts this so shouldnt be too hard for them to make it controllable via mouse wheel in game as well i guess

Quote: "5.
A faster / adjustable setting animation on the sniper rifle after you take a shot.
i.e. after I take a scoped shot it take about 3 to 4 seconds before you take the next shot.
It would be good to have this time adjustable so you can use it like a semi automatic rifle with a quick firing rate.
This could be already possible with modifying the scripting but I am not that good yet.
It would be good to have a firing rate option in the properties setting of the rifle for easy adjustment."


pretty sure you can do this in the gunspec.txt already

Quote: "6.
I am not sure how this would work.
The feature that registers what spot you shot the character in.
i.e. It could tell the difference between Headshots, Arms, Legs, Torso, etc. Which could be scored differently for each spot hit.
or if it an arm shot it would take two hits to kill the character.
"


Lee always says he will do it but hasn't arrived just yet, hopefully it will be added soon as it seems a common request
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Duncan Peck
7
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 25th Apr 2014
Location:
Posted: 30th Apr 2015 15:01
The only edit I'd make personally to your couch/prone procedure is:

-Standing up
-Press "C" to crouch
-Press "C" When crouching to go prone
-Press "C" to return to crouch
-Press "C" to stand up.

At any point if the sprint button is pressed the player should stand up and be prepared to sprint for their life!
PM
perelect
6
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 27th Mar 2015
Location: Australia
Posted: 1st May 2015 05:48 Edited at: 1st May 2015 05:49
@ smallg

Quote: "pretty sure you can do this in the gunspec.txt already"


I will look for this file and see what I can do. Thankyou.

@ Duncan Peck

I agree with your option as well, its probably a better and easier option to code and keep track of.
I may be old, but at least my memory still ....hmmm

Pavilion dv6 Notebook, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, Radeon (TM) HD 6490M, 2789 MB Memory. Resolution 1366x768, Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. (WEI 5.8)
perelect
6
Years of Service
User Offline
Joined: 27th Mar 2015
Location: Australia
Posted: 7th May 2015 08:48
Another one for the sniper list above.

7.
A set of collectable binoculars. With adjustable zoom, with the mouse wheel.

8.
The ability to mark a spotted enemy while viewing with the binoculars.


I may be old, but at least my memory still ....hmmm

Pavilion dv6 Notebook, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 16 GB Ram, Radeon (TM) HD 6490M, 2789 MB Memory. Resolution 1366x768, Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000. (WEI 5.8)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2021-05-18 15:50:23
Your offset time is: 2021-05-18 15:50:23