Feature Creep / Vegetation Painting System for Trees?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 13th Apr 2015 07:24
I'm finding it kind of a pain when you want to create a forest and the "I" spray mode makes a bunch of trees far too close together. Would it be possible that we'll see a feature like the grass painting but for trees, and then just have a drop-down to select what type of trees we want to show up? (Or maybe what category to mix things up-- forest, desert, swamp, etc.) It would of course have an intensity thing like the grass for thick forestry or scattered trees.
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
A really good idea.. I love it! It's really weird because I was thinking of exactly the same sort of feature/implementation. Defiantly would be cool to see. Although with the grass it doesn't render in the editor... it would be good if the trees/forest would render in the editor.
PM
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 13th Apr 2015 09:40
Exactly! Or maybe they could render as extremely low-poly placeholder trees so you get the general idea without showing a lot of detail? Alternatively, it could simply use a different painting color for no rendering, grass as green, trees as red (yellow, purple, orange?), water painting as blue. Although I'm sure the ability to "paint" water has been brought up a million times already.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:44:10
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:44:10