Feature Creep / Xbox One port of GameGuru

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Are there any plans to bring GG to Xbox One, or at least the games that are made with it? I can imagine in the future it would be great to tap into the console market. I understand it would be a massive undertaking to create a port to Xbox One; but looking at how far GG is coming along I can't help but dream and ask if this will happen in the future? I can imagine it would be an interesting thing trying to make the editor work with a console controller... but it would be really impressive if it could somehow be done!
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 18:32
or ps4
I think that is all still very far far away...
First they should "finish" the pc version.
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 19:56
Currently it is not possible to do and unlikely it will be done in the future, regardless of how often it may or may not be requested for the simple reason it is not cost effective to do so in the long run, not from a GG point of view.

One indie developer revealed the costs of getting his game published on xbox at the tune of $5143, the costs are insane. Another example would be should they make a version of GG for either xbox or PS4 , TGC would cover their expenses, but you still would cover your license should you wish to publish a game.

Considering the costs, it would die a slow death, as there would be nowhere to publish said game without having a license and the costs would be far too much for the intended people looking to buy GG in the first place.

The short answer it doesn't make economical sense nor is it practical for those platforms.
Win7 pro, Intel 2500K @3.7ghz 660GTX 8gig ram 16tb HDD

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 22:22:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 22:22:30