Work In Progress / My little APOCALYPSE world

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 14:15 Edited at: 7th Apr 2015 19:59

The story behind the game

01/ THE BLUE DEATH

On May 25, 2023, the astronomer Hiroto Murakami discovers an unusual object near the stars Sirio A and Sirio B
at a the Osaka Observatory in Japan. A few months later, the Dr Hiroto Murakami realizes that the object is a
comet on a collision course with Earth. The comet named The death blue (named that way because his rare blue
crystals formations) is 14 km long—large enough to cause a mass extinction, and possibly wipe out humanity.

In 2024, Japan President Kiyoshi Genji and other international leaders begin a project in which the G8 nations,
plus China, build an space station called The Ark, capable of carrying 200,000 people. By 2027, valuable items
are moved to the ark with the help of The Dr Hiroto Murakami and First Daughter Dr. Sakura Murakami.

All Passengers, guests and the whole crew of the Arc are cryopreserved expecting that the Earth can be habitable
once more.

On the night of December 13, 2027, The death blue impact over our planet.
Following impact, large blue crystalline structures formed surrounding the impact zone, expanding rapidly to
cover the entire surface of the globe in a short period of time, causing the disappearance of all life on the
planet.

02/ A NEW CIVILIZATION

03/ THE RED CRYSTALS

04/ THE ALLIANCE

05/ GEEK HERO
My little APOCALYPSE world My little APOCALYPSE world

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 14:15 Edited at: 17th Apr 2015 21:13
The COLONY

Shock troops

Tipe A-04
The Storm Troopers of the Colony are not very strong, but they attack into groups.

Tipe B-03
The B-03 Storm Troopers of the Colony are more strong than their brothers, the A-04.

Demolition troops

Tipe T-09
The T-O9 are fast and so explosives. You hate him!

Tanks

Tipe TK-03

The QUEEN

Big BOSS
Quite often appearances are misleading. This is not the case. She IS an evil robot.

SENTINEL_C-51
the sentinel of love... err? I wonder what i could have been thinking

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 14:15 Edited at: 10th Apr 2015 17:56
The ALLIANCE

NPCs

Grampa
Grampa is the leader of the Alliance, a group of renegades robots that oppose to the Queen.

Dog
RoboDog the Robot's best friend.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 14:15 Edited at: 17th Apr 2015 21:12
The ARK

PLAYER

Daniel
Daniel, the main protagonist on the game, whose practical knowledge of fps games makes him the only hope for the world.

VTOL_A-27
it does not need gasoline.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 14:15 Edited at: 10th Apr 2015 17:54
The FALLEN

Walkers

Z-04
The Z-04 are Storm Troopers of the Colony who have succumbed to power of the blue crystals.

Runners

Z-09
the Robot-zombie version of T-09.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 14:16 Edited at: 4th Apr 2015 15:46
The SKILLS
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 14:16 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2015 18:48
The Weapons

screw P2
The Screwp P2 is your first game weapon, this on has infinite ammo but little power fire

nail E-3
the Nail-E3 is a versatile auto rifle.It is the weapon used by the Storm Troopers of the Colony.

spike T-7
This shotgun is an effective weapon for short distances.

the ALLIANCE

Rusty E-3
This rusty Nail E3 is the first weapon that you find in the game. Its old, forgotten and rusted (Like this game... I hope not)

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 14:16 Edited at: 10th Apr 2015 17:53
Gameplay Concepts

snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2015 15:00
Great to see this again. Love the art direction. Looks fantastic!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks snowdog, The game progress is slow but moving forward.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2015 15:32
Looking very nice, I like your presentation for the media.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 19:41 Edited at: 7th Apr 2015 19:51
Thanks Myke, I hope I can upload more content (game-art and screenshots) this weekwnd.

0Alemar0
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice job!
www.alemargames.com
A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2015 18:41
This looks really good! Interesting style. I hope it gets completed.
Don\'t waste your life
darimc
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2015 22:26
I feel like this is going to be a phenomenal game upon completion. I love the art style.
Your signature has been erased by a mod, please resize it to no larger than 600 x 120.
Disturbing 13
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 01:16 Edited at: 10th Apr 2015 22:36
Looking forward to seeing this in action!

nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 08:10
^me too the backstory is really detailed, reminded my of "rage". the visual style is unique, i would like to see more looking forward
http://www.nuncio-rap.de
intel core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz; 8GB RAM // NVIDIA GeForce GTX560Ti
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 17:27 Edited at: 10th Apr 2015 17:41
Hi, Dudes!

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement guys. I'm glad you like it.

0Alemar0, thanks I hope you like the new screenshots

A dude, finish the game... I am trying very hard, but it is very difficult to do a game, but... I am never going to give up... well... I will try. Thanks. dude.

darimc, thanks. Frankly, I do not believe it will be a great game, but.. I think the game will be fun. I hope so!

Disturbing 13, thanks, Soon I'll upload a new video.

nuncio, thanks. yes, You are quite right, That part of the game script is much closer to the Rage story. It is a widely used argument of the sci fi... excuse of a mediocre dude.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2015 17:38 Edited at: 10th Apr 2015 17:45
This new screenshots are a explosion of color. I have to revise the color palette, At present it is totally unbalanced.

Planet Earth, now.

I found an weapon! now I only need ammunition... and a girlfriend... .

Robots are not resistant to water

An advanced post of the Colony.

Bye! I wish you all a good weekend .

SpaceWurm
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 13th Apr 2015 18:44
Looking amazing Can't wait to see some gameplay videos.
Youtube.com/c/Landmanhd1080p - LandmanHD Youtube Gaming Channel | chrislandman.mypixelbox.net - My Design Portfolio | Artrift.com - Digital Art Community
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2015 19:14
WOW!
you are one hell of a good modeller, and unique too, awesome ain,t the word great design in this and thought and just so connected it aint bitty or lots of put togetherness, it is fluent and totally meant designed and is a showstopper.
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2015 21:09 Edited at: 17th Apr 2015 21:14
Hi, Dudes!

Hi Landman, Soon there will be a new video. I hope you like it Thanking you for your interest.

Hi science boy, I'm really a mediocre artist (and this is not false modesty) but ... Behind These images all you can find many hours of hard work, a lot of sacrifice... possibly as many hours as you dedicate to your game [b] You have a lot of potential and talent, If you remain so, you will go far. Be brave !!
Thank you, for your words of support.

Well... and now a few images:

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, everyone, and welcome to My little APOCALYPSE world is an action/adventure game with a hearted and fun visual style.

A brief summary of this week.

This week, I have been working on forest map (The game is composed by four maps, forest, desert, snow and Ark). The addition of a large amount of new game assets has caused a great imbalance in the game color palette (It could even cause bleeding eyes ) and enviroments composition. I think that I have by now corrected this problem.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2015 18:20 Edited at: 27th May 2015 18:34
Hi everyone!

A few more screenshots of the game.
the map composition is much more elaborate allowing wide-open spaces, which it is fine for gameplay.

At this moment I find myself working exclusively on the game mechanics to make the game more fun... I think that bit by bit I am managing it. Or at least i tried

Soon I'll upload more content (animatedgifs or videos), so you could you give me your opinion on my pathetic attempts to create a fun game. I will succeed! (Epic background music) Nanana nana nananan nanana... tatachan!

If any of TGC team see this post. A little bug, when you shoot a dynamic entity without collision , the shots also collide against it. If you shoot at an open door these will not pass.

Happy development !

MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2015 23:27
I love that style
Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
Mazxz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2015 17:28
Are you kidding you make that gmae with game guru. man it so awesome!! continue your good work!
PM
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2015 18:44 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2015 18:48
Hi dudes!

Thanks MooKai, when you see the game in motion with FXSound and music... I think you will like!
Thanks Mazxz, I think I'm squeezing the engine... but the results of which have made it all worthwhile.

The Screwp P2 is your first game weapon, this on has infinite ammo but little power fire. The Screwp like the other weapons in the game this can be upgraded. However, you will need a lot of red crystals (game currency) and significantly increase your level.

When You Shoot a chicken you get a tasty thigh with which you can recover 50 hp points. But it won't be that easy

Happy development !

darimc
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2015 02:19
Cool gameplay mechanic! I like that idea as a replacement for health packs.
Signatures are overrated.
Polaraul
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2015 09:21 Edited at: 9th Jun 2015 09:23
Hi dimoxinil.

Is this game still being made using GameGuru? Over on the Indie DB is says the engine is "Custom Built" Just curious
PM
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2015 17:26 Edited at: 9th Jun 2015 17:28
Hi developers!

Hi Darimc,Thanks for your post. Yes the chikens are basically health packs. If you approach them, they hide their bodies underground. So, you have to hunt them from a distance. I am working on various game mechanics that I believe that are fun.

The game main premise is that the player has just one minute of life (it is the maximum period that a human being can be exposed to the blue crystals radiation), and so that whole game mechanics stem from this premis.

Soon I'll upload a video explain the gameplay basics.

Thank you for your interest Polaraul. Yes the game use GameGuru. At the moment IndieDB does not have the option to select GameGuru like engine. When a Gameguru choice will be available, I will change it. Anyway I'm already putting the engine logo in all screenshots.

In other forums. I have been asked which is the game engine that I use.
This was my answer...

I use Gameguru like game engine. It is a modest game engine (it has lacks many features but it is currently being updated almost every week with new tools) but it is very appropriate to one man army due to their easy handling. Although it is designed for people who wish to enter into the world of game development, the game engine can also be used by developers with a certain experience to get best gaming design and performance.

ohhhh My English sucks!

You can also follow the progress of the game in these forums:

TIGForums.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun

indieDB

And soon in more forums...

Happy development !

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2015 19:01 Edited at: 12th Jun 2015 19:32
Here are some more pictures showing how development progresses.

One of the main premises of gameplay mechanics has just one minute of life, Because it is the maximum period that a human being can be exposed to the blue crystals radiation. The only way not to die from by radiation is to find the red crystals cracks.

There are two kinds:

A\ Great cracks are permanent. Each time you approach them is filled your resistant to radiation.

B\ Small cracks are permanent are single-use. Each time you approach them give you 20 seconds of resistant, and then disappear.

The Colony Turrets are bulletproof, but you can disactivate destroying your energy core... the red cylinder in the center of the image.

Happy development !

Ertlov, one of the most talented GameGuru developers has begun a kickstarter campain. If you have time, You can give it a try and maybe share it with your friends.

ANTINOMY kickstarter

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Here are some more pictures showing how development progresses.

The captains have an a strong armor .They are equipped with a rocket launcher, making them even more of a terror to behold on the battlefield.

The hammer i-2 is a rocket launcher and their ammunition is the most expensive in the game.Use this only as a last resort.

Happy development !

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
HI there, at the moment I am working on AI and the different behaviors of the bots and that went quicker than I thought, even if, of course, much remains to be done.

I'm pretty sure that I going to surprise a few people with all teasers and gameplay trailers of the game that I will show you after the summer.

Back to the cave to continue to work hard in the game. I do not think anyone can even imagine the summer's heatwave in Spain. I need a now, best

Thanks for your time, bye bye.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2015 11:21 Edited at: 18th Jul 2015 11:23
Hello, everybody, It has been a positive week. My friend and game designer colleague TYXOP has joined the development team (now we are two) by becoming involved in the elaboration of the storyline of the game, please be welcome!

This screenshot displays the current status of the game world, a less chaotic environment and and a colour palette in better balance. Here the spaces are more open, that will provide for better AI performance.

Now is the time to focus completely on the game, so that there is no more game screenshots and news for some time. I hope to come back soon with some gameplay videos. We'll leave you with this wallpaper of the game.

Thanks for your time, bye bye.

See you soon!

mas8899
Years of Service
User Offline
That looks incredibly good, didn't knew such thing was possible with Game Guru, that's really amazing!
PM
Mipastu
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2015 00:20
This game looks awesome.

I think i just started to hype this.
Final Path - Action punched dinosaur survival game, coming in steam greenlight soon
dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there! Thanks for your support and comments guys!

the game start to take shape and I think you may be surprised when you see the videos, within the bounds of reasonable perspectives. It is a indie game with a shoe-string budget.

I think that Game Guru is a good engine, there's a lot you can do. The learning curve is minimal and their use is enjoyable and rewarding.
The Lod system works quite well, the fact that polygonal collision be taken of the Lod02 it was a good move.
The sound system is simple, but working fine. The problem here is that you cannot load sounds by commands (only two sounds for entity)
The 3dsounds work well enough. But for the moment only works with wav files and You cannot define your range of emission.
The IA work relatively well on terrains, This provides navmesh, pathfinding and waypoints. More waypoints options (identify which of the waypoints of the path is more near or far of the player) would be great!
The engine contains various tools for sculpting the terrain and these work relatively well. A erosion tool and be able to load height maps and roads will be...
There are several post process, like depth of field, motion blur or bloom and All of them work well. Screen ambient occlusion and flares will be the icing on the cake.
And yes.. The engine has several bugs, but this is true with all engines, unity, unreal, etc... TGC just have to fix it, no problem, this is perfectly natural

But... Game Guru also contains a number of gaps or areas where further progress can be made.

the absence of save/load, occlusion culling (only Frustum Culling), Particle Systems and HUD/GUI options... All of them are particular importance for any type of game, this is not readily understood.
Too few LUA commands.
Too very few LUA commands.
Too very very few LUA commands.
The IA for indoor is precarious. It's practically impossible.
A light/shaders system most advanced and versatile. I think (I may be wrong) the engine uses forward rendering. Deferred Rendering would be more appropriate, which is merely my personal opinion.

About the engine performance... the number of draw calls has nearly tripled with the latest updates (Even with all post processing disabled) The positive side is that TGC are working on this at the moment.

I shall not elaborate any further with matters such layers, group objects, Material Editor, psych joins, parallax, directx12, etc... but at the present time That does not make sense in my view.

In summary, GameGuru is a good engine but it can be a great engine and even fantastic, if the TGC team do their homework.

Thanks for your time, and Happy development !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:32:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:32:09