Feature Creep / Just bought GameGuru for myself and a couple friends....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all!

Just thought I would pop in and hammer out a couple things I thought were immediately pressing after I'd had a chance to play around with your game creator. I'd also like to add I tried this a few years ago back when it was called FPS Creator (it's come a long way since then).

1st and what seems to be most apparent is the lack of a cut scene option. I've seen the 3rd party program that can create those but it really looks less than stellar especially with the command line prompt pop-up window (ick) and the asking price of 7$+ it's really not a viable option. I also read in another thread you can use LUA to force a windows media player pop-up but again, not really very smooth or much of an option there. In other threads I've read that they 'might'/'maybe' add this in as an option later on in the EA process but I would think this really should be put higher up in the priority list. Games need plot/story lines to progress. What game doesn't have this? PLEASE, add this in asap. If there is another alternative I've missed, please let me know.

2nd is the lack of multiplayer in the standalone game option. From my understanding the ONLY way you can make & play a multiplayer game is if the other players own gameguru as well. Not really an option for me. Multiplayer is a standard, necessary part of ANY game these days. I've also read that they 'might'/'maybe' add this into game guru later down the line as well but again, not very high up on their priority list as far as I can tell.

If I had to pick, I would say the multiplayer for standalone option is probably the most important, without it, you're losing a whole lot of potential players that won't even consider a game that doesn't have it.

If you read the early access info on Steam for 'How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?' no where does it mention either of these 2 features. It would sure go a long way with me and other potential purchases of Gameguru from people in my community if The Game Creators devs/staff could add those in there as a promised addition. We don't mind waiting so much as not knowing for sure whether or not it will be added in.

That's it for now but I'll certainly post up some more thoughts as I come across them while I am using your wonderful program.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 20:33
Point 1: video playback will be added in the next release all being well

Point 2: Standalone multiplayer is coming

We are a community lead development and while we have development plan priorities are subject to change as we receive user feedback. GameGuru users can expect 3rd person support, vehicles, role play elements (quest system, inventory, etc), as well as many, many other features.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Uber
Years of Service
User Offline
Patience is a virtue. I commend this but I would still recommend multiplayer standalone being @ the top of the next updates priority.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:37:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:37:00