Feature Creep / Big List of Wants for GameGuru

Author
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 10:07 Edited at: 20th Apr 2015 19:49
A few things
Here are a few things i realised while using gameguru, or rather some small things that could be added, they might be there, if they are apologies.

1: camera shake, for example, an off camera explosion, set off by trigger zone

2: making an entity move from left to right , or forward and back, to hurt the player,there is a script on gg site, but doesnt seem to work.

3: a sound AND load image trigger zone, for example, reading of a book.

4: to be able to change colour of the lightrays, in a dark scene, they are too yellow

5: inventory they can be used from level to level, very important i think.

6: proper torch beam, with life of batteries, new object collectable batteries, a few types.

7: soft water, sound slight foam or ripples when it hits land

8: weather and day night system, with variable maximum/minimum setting for day and night,

9: animals, few cows, sheep, dogs, cats, chickens, etc, all make a scene seem more alive.

10: a search option to find a certain asset in the editor, as i have a lot of stuff from the store, by typing keyword, for example, typing "pine" would only list the pine trees, or "wall" only walls, very useful and less clicks, that would speed up game dev immensely.

11: proper spotlights, with a draggable arc and colour, brightness settings. This would go for flashlight to.

12: more than 1 level of undo

13: non hostile characters

14: hunt mode, where an enemy will try to evade you, example, if you were a cop and the villain has escaped, and you have to 1st find him then give chase around the level, hit c key to capture when near enough..

15: give enemies to ability to move inside buildings and use ladders, more waypoint options to allow, ladder, upper floors to be used by enemies.

16: attract mode, where enemies would gather around an entity or soundzone.

NEW ADDED

17: hard coded pickup , carry and drop, the scripts on the forums are good but the collision detection is either non existent or very shaky because of LUA.

Cant wait for the character editor, and lets hope a proper inventory is here very soon.

a big list i know, but you have an awesome product here. best wishes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:09:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:09:00