Feature Creep / Multiplayer games modes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So what will make GG unique will be it's different take on multiplayer gaming... reaching out far beyond death match and team death match, there have to be other modes which are different to any other game on the market. Here is one idea for a game mode that I would love to see and don't believe is implemented in any other game to the best of my knowledge.

Ok so I thought of an interesting feature to supplement GG that would be novel and different. How about a multiplayer where you have a system which introduced co-op gameplay into multiplayer. For each human player on the battlefield, a human player is designated their "commander". While the human player can run around the battlefield, the commander views the battlefield from a top down "spy satellite" point of view. Effectively the battlefield player can receive Intel from the commander such as enemy positions. The more kills the battlefield player gets the more kill streak rewards are earned for the commander, who is able to unleash special weapons/powers upon the battlefield.

SO basically it's breaking the gameplay of GG up. It's not just about running around mindlessly around the map, it's also reaching out into the strategy genre and delivering an entire different and unique experience.

What do you think?
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 19:52
That would be quite a system when complete. And a great idea. I am sure there will be some interesting discussion here, on what would be needed.

First thing I can think of would be your own server control, and the need to have one that can be specifically used for you game, in this situating. Using it as the collection Hub of info, and the host to all the players.

Would need a dedicated team of leaders, for sure, for organization and server up keep. And keep order to the new users.

Yes I see 6 months of paper planning at least to get the idea sound. GG will have advanced all that much further by then.

But in time I do not see why this could not be done. They have acknowledged the need for MP off of the Steam servers, So when that arrives, you will be free to set up a pretty sophisticated system.

Next work on art work, and the way to read and wright data from text files, or a data base.

Should be impressive when complete. What are your views?
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 20:02
I am going to point you to this thread on steam. The developer, answered a similar question, over there.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/266310/discussions/0/611701360816553536/
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Bloodphart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2015 07:50
if you are talking about a "game" you took that from battlefield 4 They have already done it
PM
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
@Bloodphart

Never even realized it as I haven't played Battlefield 4, I would buy it but since Battlefield Hardline came out I just brought that instead and I doubt it will have that feature... still I read the wiki and it does sound very similar to what I was suggesting. There was me thinking it was a unique idea...
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:25:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:25:37