Feature Creep / AI in Multiplayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be a great boon as well as a necessity for the game that i am working on for a multiplayer map to be able to house AI characters so that the players themselves have to live through enviroment and each other.

Also if this goes into effect, is there any way to make a multiplayer game Co-Op. Thank you in advance.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
yep would like to see this added soon too, co op and open pvp with AI is more interesting than empty pvp maps
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Noktavian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 19:01 Edited at: 10th Mar 2015 19:02
Thank you Smallg. I have focused my game on pve for the most part, and will be making three different instances of some for co-op, pvpve, and pvp.

PM
Zeuce
Years of Service
User Offline
Fully backed, this is a necessity for my vision.
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes.. the version I'd like to see of this sort of feature is where the host can start a multiplayer game and just play against AI, then as humans join the match and when AI bots get killed the human players get to spawn instead. I think that would be very cool.
PM
HarlsonRS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 13:04 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2015 13:09
i take it co-op functionality (and thus pvpve as well) are basically confirmed but a matter of time? i hope not TOO much time though, since i personally would like to focus on co-op/ multiplayer pve stuff for my main project... pvp is fine but yea, not really my focus

excuse me if i sound a bit blue eyed here, but it shouldn´t be too hard to achieve that, if you place, let´s say, 2 multiplayer markers on your map, set both to team A and have a few AI characters on the map to have those functioning, right? That would be at least a start for co-op stuff, even if just for simple slug-parties... could always improve on that

also the question, if you allow it: Why isn´t it possible yet? As mentioned elsewhere i´m not much into software development, so i´m just lacking the understanding why bots don´t work in a multiplayer level..i mean, isn´t the only difference the player vs. MP spawn?
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:45:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:45:53