Feature Creep / Lua Script Generator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
A tool that would ask a very long list of questions (maybe 50). The first question might ask what kind of script you want. The next question would be determined by the answer to the first and so on. There might be thousands of questions in the database but only 50 or so would actually be asked. And there would probably be tens/hundreds of thousands of possible combinations (I haven't done the maths). In the end the tool would generate a script based on all the questions and your answers. Ambitious, I know. Maybe crazy. Maybe moronic. It was just a thought. We thickos need an easy way to create totally custom scripts without actually scripting. The Visual Lua thing looks good too.
Julian
PM
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 00:11
Or maybe something like Unreals blueprints, visual scripting....
Old school FPS fan, DOOM !!!! Waiting for the zombies
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
there are easier ways, something more like the visual lua editor from avram that skips all the other stuff and focuses only on the core commands
knowing you want something to move forward and clicking a button that says move forward is easy enough, i wouldnt want to fill out a survey for that
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 14:32
Quote: "there are easier ways, something more like the visual lua editor from avram that skips all the other stuff and focuses only on the core commands"

Totally agree.
Although being "old school" I prefer deal with myself, so I can learn more and improve my skills.
Anyway I am agree, save time specially in a big project, is quite useful.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
lordjulian
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't seem to get to grips with Avram's visual Lua. I think it has potential though. Maybe it just needs expanding.
Julian
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:19:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:19:47