Feature Creep / NPC's/Quests/Rewards/Character Progression

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
To start: I believe NPC's make an important mark on a game, weather it be a fantasy or a FPS. They are essential to the flair and flavor of the game.
They are the ones that support game support in a way and bring together a game altogether.

Next: Quests: Quests are essential in any game, i think that certain FPS's forget that except in story mode.

Next: Rewards: Rewards are the essence of the risk. This could be anything as simple as a key to a chest that you may come about in your journeys (FPS: weapons/item crates), or as major as a new gun that you don't have to purchase.

Next: Character Progression: The only reason to have your own individual character is to try to make it yours, and as unique or necessary as possible. This is done even in most FPS's. Games from Call of Duty even use this method somewhat. Skills/Abilities/New Available Technology.

I hope as many people as can will post or also request these features, even if it is later that they happen.
PM
Vortigern
Years of Service
User Offline
100% agree with this. Can't really craft any kind of story or quest until these tools are added. We need a dialogue tool for the above, though. The dialogue can be a triggered event/action and needs to be linked to a dialogue tree, with options for quest tracking and recording. Also, it can be integrated into a cut-scene editor by allowing camera angles to be changed during dialogue sequences. I hope this comes soon - I can't really do much with GameGuru until I have something like this to work with.
PM
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 10:13
yes i agree, and a fully working, level to level inventory, see my big wants list post for some more of my hopes for guru.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 15:46
All nice suggestions. Thank you for posting.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:50:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:50:07