Feature Creep / Gameplay - Headshots that count

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The title is fairly self explanatory, and this is a repost from the other thread I started (https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/211090). Though having reviewed the forum rules and receiving a positive response from Jay on my other thread, I thought it best to post again with a clearer title and description. I committed a search for 'headshots' that turned up no threads.

Headshots that count[u]

It's a simple concept and no doubt everyone knows what I mean but just to be clear...

- The ability to kill a target with one shot to the head

Not sure how this should be impletmented, and no doubt not everyone will want this. So perhaps as an option in the character entity? There is overall strength I see, but perhaps strength for different body parts. I'm only concerned with Body and Head - but perhaps it could be extended to Chest/Head/Arms/Legs - providing a Strength option for each. Default could remain as 100, just as long as there's the ability to allow for headshots really.
PM
Noktavian
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree, yet I think regular guns should only do more damage, while the rifle is the only weapon
that truly can get a one-shot-kill.
Only fair.
If that feature actually goes through for all weapons, that's all everyone would do.
Quickest pull, quickest aim. quickest kill, quickest win.
Not something I want to be part of.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2015 22:04
We had a system of commands in FPSC-Classic that let you detect for head and other limbs. I'm not sure if this system still exists as im no good with LUA.
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
RainKing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2015 16:42 Edited at: 6th Mar 2015 16:45
Hi Noktavian,

Thanks for your input on this, you certainly raise a good point for multiplayer mode.

I had only been thinking about single player, to add an element of realism for the player.

Having the functionality there to do that though does raise a quandary regarding multiplayer.

I've no idea how that could be addressed, but certainly as far as single player and realism goes for me it seems a necessary feature.

Cheers,

RainKing
PM
RainKing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2015 16:45 Edited at: 6th Mar 2015 16:45
Hi Teabone,

If someone figured a way for us to script this then I'd be most open to implementing it in my scripts. Being a beginner myself I'm yet to figure the scripting out.

Cheers,

RainKing
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:36:18
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:36:18