Feature Creep / Feature Requests / Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 11:06 Edited at: 4th Mar 2015 11:14
Hi,

***EDIT: A bit late but I just read the sticky about putting the features in the title, I would edit the title but doesn't look like I have that option. If deemed best practice I can post each feature in a new post.***

Over on Steam forum I posted something very similar, but was cordially invited to post on the GameGuru forum.

For a week or so I've been looking at different game engines for creating the type of FPS that my friends and I would really enjoy playing. Although being a Development Manager for a living, picking up a new language still takes a bit of work.

With GameGuru I am very attracted at the ease of use, and how you can delve in deeper as you like (scripts/models), without it being a hinderance to actually getting a basic game up and running.

Through my few hours of use last night there were a few things that I thought would perhaps be included, and they may well be on the feature list already, but it may be worth mentioning again:

1. Headshots - that deal a greater amount of damage than body shots. ( To get round this in the mean time I gave my pistol a '100' damage, because realistically if I shoot you in the leg, or chest even with a vest, you may not die but you're out for the count. )

2. Mouse sensitivity - when using iron sights it seems to be really low so would be nice to have control over that, but also give players the option in game.

3. Ability to 'crouch/creep/walk silently' past gaurds without alerting them. I have tried editing one of the scripts to give them less awareness but the guards seem to notice me even if I'm outside a building and crouching around.

4. When using iron sites remove the crosshair. I've noticed the crosshair seems permanent but when using iron sites it's just a distraction.

5. Silenced weapons - when using a pistol with a silencer (downloaded BSP's MK23 from the store) then it would be good if other guards didn't notice so easily - I'm guessing that a shot is a shot regardless of silencer at the moment.

No doubt these issues have been discussed, but thought I would support the request.

If anyone could point me in the right direction for scripting round these 'issues' for now then I'm more than happy to do that. I just couldn't find anything on it through my research.

Got to say, I really like where this is going and had plenty of fun playing around with it so far.

My idea is to create a shooter where you can kind of stealth and pick off guards, or just run and gun. Other than the above GameGuru currently seems to provide everything I need to do that.

Love it!

Thanks for listening

RainKing
PM
RainKing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 11:16 Edited at: 4th Mar 2015 11:20
***EDIT: I see it's standard practice for the post to be reviewed for newbies before going live.***

Just edited the post and now this thread appears blank to me.

Am I being a total noob or is this standard?
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 11:22
As a new forum user, your posts are moderated before hitting the forum for public viewing.

Some good suggestions in your post.

If you are looking into learning LUA, I can recommend looking at this thread. It's a great resource for commands and how to set your scripts out.

Cheers

Jay.

RainKing
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Jay, that post you linked looks like a good place to start.

Would it be worth posting these feature requests in a new thread?

I wondered if there was a ranked / upcoming feature list anywhere that the devs release?

Cheers,

RainKing
PM
Dobby
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Wiz Khalifa
Posted: 19th Apr 2015 19:17 Edited at: 19th Apr 2015 19:19
I wonder if a sneak system could me made in lua when the crouch button is held down. I suppose you could create a script to remove the player from enemy view when crouching but this could be heavily exploited. Maybe experimenting with player distance? Change their view settings and perhaps get them to walk around every few seconds then try doing it with their backs turned.

The developer blog is here
https://www.game-guru.com/devblog/
Specs: Windows 8.1 64bit | Nvidia GTX 650 | i5 Quad Core 4th Generation | 4GB DDR3 RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 17:27:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 17:27:30