Website/Forum Feedback / Bad translations above language-specific boards - help offered

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I checked the language-specific boards on the forum, and noticed that the standard blurb above them is poorly translated, at least in the languages I understand. While it gets the message across, it can use some improvement, at least to remove a few glaring errors:

- The original English text must've used the mistyped 'unfortunatey', wich has been left untranslated in all languages.
- All blurbs refer to the French language, translating 'French' into each of the texts, instead of referring to the specific language of the board the text is placed on.

I don't want to complain and run, so I offer alternative translations of the text, based on what I assume must've been the intention. I'll start with what I think was meant in English, then add my translations.

English:

(* It seems to make sense, but consider that I reverse engineered this from the faulty translations. Feel free to correct, and I'll adapt the translations accordingly.)

Spanish:

(* I suggest 'hispanohablantes' -speakers of the Spanish language- rather than 'Españoles' -citizens of Spain- to include the many other countries that use the language)

Dutch:

(* again, 'nederlandstalig' rather than 'Nederlands' to refer to all speakers instead of citizens of a single country)
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 14:28
I read a reply that they wanted you to email them at GameGuru. Did you see that yet.?
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

InnerInfinity
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Myke,

I am not sure what you mean. I have no replies to this thread other than yours, and no PMs.

If you mean that the contact e-mail address needs to be updated according to a message in another thread: if the webmaster decides to use my suggested translations , updating the contact e-mail is simply a drop-in replacement... it won't affect the rest of the translated text.

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 15:08
Ok, My misunderstanding. Just don't like to see unanswered questions. Let me know if there are any other questions I can get answered then.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Le Verdier
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2015 21:53
I can offer a better translation for the french introductory text:

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 08:18:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 08:18:26