Multiplayer / Joining in matches

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't know if GG already does this... but is it possible though the implementation on Steam to join in matches that are currently underway? Basically so I could start the game and play and other people could see the game and come and join until the map is filled to full capacity. I've tried multiplayer a few times but each time has been a 1v1 situation... and it doesn't appear anyone joins during gameplay. It would be nice to join in matches that are already in progress so I can play against larger numbers of people. Also it saves me just sitting in the lobby waiting for a game when I could be running around a map.
PM
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
I've thought about this more and decided it would be a hog of upload bandwidth for the host and may make gameplay slow if the host is having to upload a map to multiple users whilst also syncing with current players who are playing. Maybe the solution would be if TGC set up a dedicated server people could upload their multiplayer maps to, and then that would eliminate the problem? Just ideas... maybe I should have posted this all in feature creep - but since it's all multiplayer related maybe I did post it in the right place. Please don't tell me off
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2015 07:10
that is a good point about feature request. But as you say, this is the multi player section. I will ask and see how they feel.

I will leave this post where it is for now.

Thanks
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:50:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:50:46