Multiplayer / [STICKY] Welcome to GameGuru Multi-Player

Author
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the GameGuru Multi-Player board, this is the place you should come to discuss all things multi-player. You can showcase your maps here if you want, arrange MP sessions, post advice and tips for others or ask questions.

This is also the place to come should you need assistance to anything multi-player related.

GameGuru launches when we go live on Steam very shortly.

SC
i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
sic1ne
Years of Service
User Offline
i havent been on fps in quite sometime i see its even called game guru now i have a few questions?
when is multiplayer going to be in reloaded?
how will people be able to join a multiplayer match server wise?
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 22:04
sic1ne, it's all going to happen when GameGuru launches on Steam at the end of the month and will use Steam's online infrastructure. So if you don't have a Steam account then it's time to create one!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 09:14 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2015 09:37
As snowdog as said, multi-player uses the Steam servers so you will need a Steam account. It's incredibly simple to set up, and a game can be hosted or joined with just a few clicks of the mouse.

All pledgers will be supplied with a Steam key later in the week and we officially launch on Steam 27th February.

SC
i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 09:15 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2015 09:16
Here's some highlights from last nights test!

Development Director

TGC Team
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL ...
Notice how Rick hogs the hill from 1.02 .
we didn't stand a chance
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
PopGun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 03:58
i hope we have the ability to turn off player names in multiplayer. Its fun to see who we are stalking; but player names gives away position, and if you do kill them, then you could display "you killed xxx"
PM
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 05:28
A lot of killing there lol...
Jackool
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Playing? Baha! Coding.
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 12:25
PopGun wrote: "
i hope we have the ability to turn off player names in multiplayer. Its fun to see who we are stalking; but player names gives away position, and if you do kill them, then you could display "you killed xxx"
"

This is my first post here on this forum, but honestly all of that should be controlled via the scripting interface/lua/the game editor.

Similar to Garry's Mod, the vanilla base engine shouldn't have any HUD elements by default unless you add them to the game yourself.
Or rather, they should have the ability to be disabled (similar to the "HUDShouldDraw" hook in Garry's Mod)
PopGun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 23:12
Jackool... there's many things you'd expect to be standard with this software, but it just doesnt happen with this software. you have to keep asking for these things to be included/allowed. lee cant think of everything.
PM
Jackool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 09:01
PopGun wrote: "Jackool... there's many things you'd expect to be standard with this software, but it just doesnt happen with this software. you have to keep asking for these things to be included/allowed. lee cant think of everything."

Yep I understand that, I was agreeing with your post in the first place
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 09:39
All the multiplayer is controlled by LUA scripts, the MP start markers have a script assigned to them that controls the game rules and hud elements.

The commands are limited at the moment hence why only one game mode is being released, but once more are added you will be able to script your own game modes and your own hud setup.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 19:22
That's good. Hopefully some bright spark is going to work out how to do Bounty Hunter. For those that didn't play the first Conduit game on the Wii the Bounty Hunter game works like this:

Every player is given one of the other players as a target. If you kill your target you get points, if you kill anyone else you get points deducted. It works really well and is great fun.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
Jackool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 22:35 Edited at: 25th Feb 2015 22:41
Quote: "All the multiplayer is controlled by LUA scripts, the MP start markers have a script assigned to them that controls the game rules and hud elements.

The commands are limited at the moment hence why only one game mode is being released, but once more are added you will be able to script your own game modes and your own hud setup."

Sounds great so far - this is almost exactly what I'm looking for.

I am a huge fan of Garry's Mod and making various things for it (and, similar to the shop on here, selling scripts for Garry's Mod on ScriptFodder - which is one of the things that makes Garry's Mod so great - and the shop on this website will make GameGuru incredible as well. Plus you can sell other stuff with GameGuru, like models - kind of like the Unity Asset Store. Quite excited myself.)

Once we have the ability to script custom gamemodes and have almost the same modularity level as Garry's Mod this is going to be the best simple-to-use game maker on the market, hands down. Hoping to make some great things with it.

Will be picking up a few copies on the 27th. Would have pledged if it wasn't too late!
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
After playing online for a while all I can say is watch out for the developers! Scene Commander was ok in the match I had with him, Rick was pretty good... but Lee... well Lee annihilated me on my own map. It was insane how good he was!!!!
PM
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2015 09:34 Edited at: 18th Apr 2015 09:36
I can't join in the GameGuru Group community or to add friends on steam
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:57:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:57:35