Work In Progress / [LOCKED] [WIP] Scout Rangers -Game Guru

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2015 13:07 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2015 02:41
Title:

Game Developer: rwsbgamedev a.k.a. (kulet)

Storyline

Scout Rangers are the Philippines' Finest soldiers. The all terrain, water and weather condition soldiers are the pride of the Philippine army. Trained to endure all kinds of physical and psychological pain, they obtain the title of the toughest soldiers in Asia. They are also a "no prisoner of war" team, I'm sure you already know what I mean... The scout rangers are also the most versatile and deadly soldiers that the Philippine army can deploy, with a surgical precision accuracy in sniping and the only units capable of dealing with inside and outside terrorist operating in the Jungle/mountain/urban without even being detected and killed.

Now, that you know the background of the scout rangers, join our protagonist Sgt. Rey, a special scout ranger unit assigned to infiltrate several of the most dangerous camp/hideout of group of terrorists. Recover information that will lead to destroying the group of terrorists that keeps terrorizing not only the Asia but also several parts of the world. Join Sgt. Rey as he will be assigned to kill the most notorious leader of the organization called the "Black Osiris".

Description

An action pack FPS game that will leave you sitting in front of your computer for hours. A game wherein, you will feel the hard job of a soldier that keeps fighting for us while we are sitting in our couches watching our favorite T.V. shows. A game wherein you will think of your own tactics/strategy to execute the missions with surgical precision. Think of ways how you will survive the most dangerous jungles of the world

Screen Shots

The second Image is a ample of a huge map that players will explore, it still incomplete, but I posted it here to give you a heads up on how the game will run

Credits: Artists of the Legacy Pack, Artists of the TGC store and non so far. And.. Forgot to mention PirateMyke, sorry bro. (This guy teaches me bigtime in modelling and I will be using some of his models in some part of the game.)

Minimum System Requirements: core i3, 2 Gig video card, 2 gig ram, a mouse, a keyboard and a monitor (whatever type or brand you want to use).

Release date: TBA (still in early development.)

If you like my game, subscribe, watch, follow, whatever.. Just support me Thanks and have a great day.
comments are welcome!
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2015 14:41
Looking good, Nice layout.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 02:39 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2015 02:40
@Pirate Myke, thanks mate. By the way, I am having some problems with huge maps that I created, there are spots wherein the frame rate drops big time. I don't know what I am missing but, I am pretty sure my settings is just right, not too high not too low graphic quality. I also do not have much entities in there except for low poly props. Is there any advice you can give me to increase the frame rate. It's a colossal frame rate drop and it is very annoying big time.
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 08:26 Edited at: 24th Feb 2015 08:27
Additional Screen Shots, these screen shots where taken inside the island, the second picture I uploaded before.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 00:53
Hello Kulet,

Thank you.

Looking at the overhead shot of the map again, I could say that if you could make those trees on the smaller island into says 5 or 6 billboards ( single plane with the trees texture on it) each. That would cut a lot of over head as the engine would not have to figure collision for that many trees. Plus the significant poly reduction by not using them there.

That is of coarse providing you are not going to let the player cross the water somehow to get to those islands.

Everything else from the pictures looks to be in order. Are you noticing a significant slowdown when you approach a specific object? Are there places in your map where entities might be over lapping with poly collision on, or even just hovering off the ground increases the collision detection the engine would need to do.

Check out some of these things and let me know if any help your situation. Also you could use the terrain to hide sections from being viewed if not in that area.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 02:29
Yes, Pirate Myke, there are only some areas wherein the frame rate slows down, and then there will be a sudden increase of frame rate then it will go down again. I will try to find out, which of the assets are making the frame rate too low, and I will also do what you advice about the trees.. Maybe your right, it's because of too many trees... I will check them all and go back to you as soon as possible. Thank you.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 03:24 Edited at: 25th Feb 2015 03:26
It is not that it is too many, the collision on them is not needed. what are there 200 trees there? that's 200 less things for the engine to do right off the bat, and the player will know no difference.

In stead of going into each one and changing the physics to off, maybe delete all those trees, (still a process) and then set the first tree again, set its properties so that physics is off, then extract it and then reset or spray them. The Physics off alone should be a significant savings. Plus the LOD of the trees should make it a lot less polys. So I am still betting on the physics over head of those to start.

I would still walk around the map with the first Tab matrices on and see where the build up is in poly count and if it has anything to do with the slow down.

You can also slide the debug slider above 10 and you will see the collision boundaries of each object placed in the map.
When you first turn it on, on a larger map, give it a minute to do its thing. then you can walk around and see if it collision causing the problem.
Let me know how it goes.

kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2015 01:50
@PirateMyke, I found the problem, and you're right, it's because of too many collisions, and one thing, the building that I created in the Island makes it more laggy or should I say, kill the frame rate. The entity conkit seems bring colossal decrease of frame rate, and the best thing that I did was to redo everything and create a map from scratch, but it's fine with me since I am enjoying designing maps. And right now, considering all of your advice, I am not anymore getting a frame rate drop of 15 below.. The lowest frame rate I am getting so far is 37... And I also found a technique to distribute the work load of the engine, I did not put lots of entities in one area, I am now creating a huge map wherein entities will be scattered and the gaps between entities are just right to make the engine work properly. For example, in one area, there will be 3 - 5 buildings with furniture inside and out, and then after several meter/walk way, that's where I will put again some buildings and entities. With that, the engine is not forced, and the work load is distributed. But wait, I haven't tried the map with some moving entities like enemy a.i. so I'm still not sure, if everything will work fine by then.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2015 02:17
Great to hear that.

When constructing your buildings, to ease collision issues, as in this case. See if separating the building into logical collision entities will help. IE: Outer walls as 1 entity, inner walls as 1 entity, floors and stairs as 1 entity, Columns in a group as 1 entity, as so fourth. This allows a bit of breathing room lets say.

Export all the pieces out of your model program from the same x,y,z point. This allows you to construct the building in the editor by inserting each piece at the same snap point. B or BB snap. When setting up the FPE files, take note of what does not need collision and shut that off by making colmode=11, or in the widget property panel, set the physics property off. This will greatly ease the issue of slow down in you building.

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes. Also let me know if there is anything I can do to help you further.

kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 13:22
Whoever have the authority to delete or lock this thread, please do. I am now giving up on this game. I had enough of it. Every time I create a new map, a disaster happens to my files, now I can't open my maps/levels that I created for weeks now. Earlier, I cannot open my second map, but now, I can't open both maps. It always shows the message, "FPM is not created with Game Guru". Other maps I created from fpsc-r opened in Game Guru, and others that are created on Game Guru, opens earlier, and now, I can't open them all. I tell you, I really created some of my maps on GG. What is going on?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 05:34:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 05:34:21