Feature Creep / Control of Player Y Position in 101?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2015 19:02
I posted this on the script forum, but I think this is a feature suggestion, I'm sure not the first on this subject.

Unless I'm missing something there still seems to be no way to control the Player/Camera Y position (up/down) through LUA. We have everything else, but we need this. I looked at the JetPack LUA script in hopes I'd find something, but it appears that the up/down control is tucked into the engine. Plus, I need a setting I can dial in to (or move to) a specific height and the camera stays there, still movable through the normal controls or even through X/Z LUA commands.

Does anyone know of a way to control the Player's Y position? If not this something that needs to be added to the system soon.

Thanks
"There is no spoon"
GoDevils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 04:32
I'd like to amend my suggestion, regarding the "Y" control of the Player/Camera.

The Camera should have the same movement functions available as any other dynamic character or entity.

MoveFoward(e,v)
MoveUp(e,v)
Etc.

as well as SetCameraPosition(x,y,z)
and SetCameraRotation(x,y,z)

This is not only critical to video capture (as part of the game building process), but this is John Carter Meets Superman. With LUA these commands will let your game guru developers build super heroes.
"There is no spoon"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 13:11:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 13:11:26