Off Topic / Hello Everybody

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey whats up everyone? I joined back in feb 2014 and was here for a while learning the system trying to make my first game. While finding the whole experience quite educational I was not able to complete anything that I set out to do (I sure made some progress but due to limitations I couldn't quite do what I wanted) So I decided to let it grow some more as I took a little break.

Well I just got the email about the Steam integration and have decided to download the new version and attempt to further what I have learned. I see that there have been a lot of changes and I am excited to try them out.

I was hoping maybe some people can advise me on their favorite new feature added since July of last year. I am looking forward to any responses.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2015 22:24
Performance boosts and better AI.

Performance however still needs a lot more work and I think that has to do with better optimization of assets and alike.
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2015 02:38 Edited at: 19th Feb 2015 02:50
Welcome back! I must admit I've kinda strayed a bit and have been working with both Reloaded and UE4 for about the past 5-6 months, but I'm still here daily. Last July must have been v 1.007, I guess? I can't really say what feature I like best, as everything is still (of course) in beta. Performance has come along very well, and the lightmapper, although a little buggy still, seems to be pretty cool (it remains to be seen what kind of performance boost it gives, as I haven't really made anything that would challenge the engine much). There is a widget in the editor that kinda consolidates the typical things you would do to an entity, although it lacks the ability to translate (and now rotate and scale) with any precision, something that has bothered me since day one. Back in July you probably expected the zombies to be out by now, but they are not. They will come with the Steam release, and from I understand, there are 32 of them and they are gorgeous! You probably also expected the conkit to be making some headway, but alas, that's been moved to the back burner for now. In fact, it seems likely we will see the character creator before we see the conkit. I did NOT expect that! I'm not saying whether I think that's good or bad, they know their product better than anyone. Multiplayer is in for the Steam release, and if you go back to the product page, you can probably still get an early key for a Steam (as of the time of my post) to participate. They need 50 participants, and so far I don't think there are that many.

EDIT: I almost forgot since I hadn't used it in a while (still thinking about possibilities), but the absolute best feature to me is multi-level!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:43:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:43:00