Work In Progress / [WIP] The Maze (FPSC-R project)

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2015 09:36 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2015 06:53

by kulet a.k.a. rwsbgamedev

Game Description:

This game will not have a story line compared to the usual fps games that I have made. I wanted to have a unique fps game that will be different. It's time for a little change.

Do you wanna have fun? Do you play the good old maze game?

When I was in my younger years, I use to play maze games that is created by my friends and sometimes by me on a piece of paper.

We do some bets on whoever finishes the game wins, and the loser will face the punishment, either to clean the room, or serve us for one whole day.

Now that I am old and I already have 3 kids. I miss the game that I used to play with my friends, and I wanted my kids and other kids to experience the fun of playing such cute little games. This kind of games will not only make kids happy but will also enhance their memory and problem solving skills and senses.

But how can I do that? It's the digital age and kids get bored on such paper games easily or games that are not in digital form? With the help of FPSC-R, I can do that. I will create a maze game that will test the following:

1. Problem solving skills

2. Memory

3. Logic

4. Critical thinking skills

Some may find the game boring, especially if the game is of pure maze and you just run around until you finish the maze. That's why, I give the maze game a little twist. I will put traps, obstacles, and bandits that will do anything just to stop the player on reaching the finish line (who knows what kind of traps are there?). When a player dies, he/she will automatically re-spawn in the starting line, wherein the player must start again from scratch. But of course, we will give those hostiles a good battle. The player will be given a chance to defend himself, most importantly from bandits. The player will get to have a gun with limited ammo, the ammo will be scattered around the maze, and if the player dies it will re-spawn again, but as well as the enemies that has been killed. Not much of a challenge? I don't think so.. Most of you know how large the whole terrain in fpsc-r right? Well my friends, that will be the maze. So, if you think you're good enough, then I suggest you take the challenge of finishing "THE MAZE".

This will be a one level game only, and will be Distributed on different indie game portals. A one level game, that you cannot even finish in hours of sitting in front of your computer. You need to think, calculate, memorize and everything to solve this maze.

Don't worry if this is a one level game only, cause if..., that is if! You ever manage to finish the game, I will offer you a new level. Which is a bit harder or maybe much harder. "THE MAZE - the foggy night". So I am guessing you already know what will be on that map. But of course I will not reaveal the foggy nights information here right now, since the maze is currently under construction. But don't worry, since I love you guys. I will release a demo soon. And it will be exclusive for fpsc/tgc members especially the members that already became my friends. I hope my comeback in making games will soon flourish. I am not saying that my previous game were not good, in fact I had it published on different portals, but I took them down recently because I can't support them anymore. What I am saying is that, I hope, I will be more successful now.

Here are some screen shots for you, just to have an idea of the whole game.

The left, the right or the middle?

From above.

EDIT: Guys, since fpsc-r still needs a lot of work, I think, releasing this game to the public is not good at all at the moment, so I will not release this game and I will not create a full The maze game until fpsc-r is stable. However, I have a little surprise here for you. I just build a stand alone for the supposed demo game. I finished the whole 1 lvl map game of the maze for you to play while we are all waiting for the full release and stable build of fpsc-r... And for me, no fpsc-r game making at the moment, maybe I will create models for you guys. And Back to Unity for the mean time. I will return here as soon as the fpsc-r is stable. I will not put my 100 dollar to waste lol.. And One thing, If most of you don't know it yet, try downloading Unity and compare it to fpsc-r, and I am surprised that fpsc-r is very close to it... Sometimes it other aspects is way better than Unity. Specially in the terrain editor if using default assets...

Download your game here.

dimoxinil
Years of Service
User Offline
I think that is an interesting idea, this can result in a much fun gameplay, I wish you luck.
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2015 10:22 Edited at: 27th Jan 2015 13:07
@dimoxinill, Thank you so much, yeah, I think so too. Cause I just realized that games created here are mostly horror fps or find the key, shoot - kill and finish. Not much of a challenge especially for hardcore gamers. I know here are games created here
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 12:05
Up up up!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 08:07:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 08:07:07