Off Topic / Emulation The Classics...

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Who's into Emulation here ......Anyone ?
Classics like the old C64, Arcade or Dos...
Here's my C64 Arcade Launcher I created......Love the classics

PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2015 07:26
I've played some of the old ZX Spectrum games on an emulator, but they're never as much fun as I remember them to be. I have fond memories of some of the games in your screenshot, like Bruce Lee.
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 25th Jan 2015 04:54
I love the C64. That's the computer I really learned to program on. I actually still have a real C64, some disk drives, and all the disks from my early days of programming.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2015 21:32
I replayed my old PS1 Collection on PC. It worked pretty well but I dont remember what tool I used.

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2015 23:13
I stopped playing emulation, games used to hold unique memories.. Now when i replay them I am like geez, did i really have that much fun with that. Stilla re a few great titles tho, the MGS series for me was the best. and the RE series.

CPU; Intel G850 2.9ghz GPU: Raedon HD 7750 1gb 4GB Ram

Windows 10 1TB HD 60GB HD
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2015 14:42 Edited at: 26th Jan 2015 14:51
The problem I hated was setting them up all the time so I decided to make my own Pre-Loaded versions.....

Just install and im good to go

Here are a few more I have made

Amiga..

Mame..

And one im working on ...

Dos..

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2015 17:37
Quote: "Now when i replay them I am like geez, did i really have that much fun with that"

I know what you mean! In my memory, many old PS1 titles from the late 90s looked realistic graphically. In reality however...

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2015 17:50
I still play a few DOS games here and there.

Funny enough I went back to playing the Silent Hill series of PS1 and just as you say Wolf lol I was surprised at how I once used to used to feel they were realistic looking. Not so much anymore. lol

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2015 23:28 Edited at: 26th Jan 2015 23:30
Being there at the dawn of the home computer age .BBC, Spectrum, VIC20, C64 I look back and think ...How the hell did they fit all that in 64k of memory...

To be honest for some games it was an incredible achievement.... You just have to admire the programmers back then.....

I kind of noticed a CD's arrived then FMV seemed to fill big gaps and a lot of gaming got lost in the process ...
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2015 03:04
I have been building a MAME cabinet for the past couple years (actually 3 yrs now!). It is unlike any arcade cabinet made. EVER. When complete, it will also have a virtual pinball table. I really do still enjoy playing some of the games from my youth. I don't know for sure if it's my sense of nostalgia (I do have one, and it's very strong!) or if they were really that good.

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2015 09:18
steem (not to be confused with steam) is a converter for atari st games. you have to install the TOS system and then the steem engine. you can play every game available for atari.

http://steem.atari.st/index.htm

and here you can download many games for free.

http://steem.atari.st/automation.htm
^this is really a paradise for oldschool gamers!

have fun with this
https://de-de.facebook.com/nunciogame (my point and click adventure)
http://www.nuncio-rap.de (everything i do in my free time)
ziggourat
Years of Service
User Offline
Je suis moi aussi un amateur d'émulation !
J'ai grandi avec la ps1 et ses petites sœurs en ce qui concerne les consoles de salon et portables.
Mais, ma première console était la gameboy color et je jouais très jeunes au pc familiale ^^
(Jazz jackrabbit 2 sur pc... un de mes premiers jeux, même aujourd'hui, il est encore sympa à jouer )

J'apprécie énormément l'émulation donc, j'utilise le logiciel "romstation" qui regroupe pas mal d'émulateur en un logiciel. C'est pratique pour les débutants. (je suis membre du forum romstation par ailleurs ^^ )
Je vous le conseil donc.

Sinon, je trouve que malheureusement, les jeux 3d vieillissent bien plus mal que les jeux 2D...

I am too an amateur of emulation!
I increased with her ps1 and her younger sisters as regards the consoles of lounge and mobiles.
But, my first console was the gameboy color and I played very young in the pc family ^^ (Jazz jackrabbit 2 on pc one of my first games, even today, it is still nice to play)

I appreciate enormously the emulation thus, I use the software " romstation " which groups not bad emulator in a software. It is practical for the beginners. (I am a member of the forum romstation besides ^^)
I you the advice thus.

Otherwise, I find that unfortunately, the games(sets) 3d age more badly than the 2D games : [
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 19:57:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 19:57:42