Work In Progress / Early is the Night

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2015 16:58 Edited at: 14th Jan 2015 17:03
Early is the Night is an FPS, Survival game with story.

Lead Dev: Shawn Conner (Me)

Lead 3D Artist: Pirate Myke

Lead Scripter: Smallg

If you would like to read the Pre-Story then scroll to the bottom of this and read it.

In EITN you take control of a regular civilian.

This is not DayZ,WarZ,H1Z1, nor a clone.

You start out as a civilian, therefor you are not a gun blazing pro, you have been stuck in a vault for years, you have no skills, no nothing, you will have to train yourself to make better weapons, and make better shots, you can be a medic, a looter, a killer, the choice is your's.

The game will feature a full on skill based system, that revolves around crafting, killing and completing missions.

You first start out in a sewer/underground railroad. (While this may seem like a whole game, by just being in the underground) The underground, is really your training place, it is a big underground, full of story and depth. It is highly recommended that you use this time to farm,craft,and level up as much skills as you can.

As the real fun starts when you get access to the huge above ground area's, I will not spoil much about the above ground sections of the game.

I would not like to show you all some basic shots of the underground. We have not yet filled in clutter and other items.

We hope you enjoy these shots, I will keep this updated as much as possible.

We are aiming for a demo release at the end of this month.

The Above images is a shot of inside the vault (Lighting subject to change at any point, all these images have had the lighting boosted for the sake of the shots)

The above image, is right outside the vault.

The above images is a shot of the vault door.

The above image is a shot of one of the sewer tunnels.

The Above images showing some of the water in the sewer drains. (really cool)

This is an animated machine that keeps the nano-plastic activated. (I will post a new image showing the nano-plastic)

here you can see some activated Nano-Plastic, this is the stuff that is in the animated machines.

Another tunnel.

The entrance to the beautiful Abandoned Survivor's camp, showing off the water drains.

Another image of the camp (This will be full of clutter and lootable items, within a week. Just have been very busy.

Another shot of the camp.

This is a drainage were the water comes from.

Another tunnel view.

A shot of an Abandoned Military outpost.

Another shot of the Military camp.

Again another shot of the Military camp.

Another Tunnel view.

A image of the Railroad.

That is all the Images we have for today, when I get some more I will update it.

Here is the Pre-Story:

The Pre-Story Remade and Remastered.

Early is the Night: It is the year 2023 and the world's resources have dwindled to a very low state, wars were happening all over the world, killing for small amounts of metals, and valuables.

The world leaders decided that they need to start a world peace, and instead look for other ways to provide, the ever needy population with power and food, There first idea was solar, most rejected the idea, as it would not bring in a revenue.

After a full year of arguing and debating the leading countries all agreed to disagree and install solar powered settlements all around there countries.

All seemed to be back to normal, except that is how it always seems, no one really knows an attack will happen, and how something so small can make a tremendous movement.

Hackers took over solar grids in Moldova, which they used as there base of operations, Europe was unable to assist recovery of the grids, neither did other world leaders, with military almost unable to keep there own civilizations under control it seemed, as tho the hackers would soon take over more and more.

3 months past since the Terrorist hacker attack on Moldova, world resources have dwindled all the way down that in some places people were pillaging major cities for its metals.

A humanitarian scientist(UNDISCLOSED NAME) started a prototype resource that he called the rebirth of humanity, the new resource was called Nano Plastick, dubbed Nano-Plas for short, it was a very high quality plastic, proved to be stronger than titanium, While plastic was frowned upon by most of the world, most countries denied to fund in its production, However the United States granted mass funding and production that would be based in the U.S.

Within Nano-Plas's second day of production the material produced a dark black smog that filled the skys. within 18 hours the sun was blotted out in each area of production.

Government stopped production, and locked down the area, and placed the scientist under military hold, the scientist explained how the fog would expire and that is was nothing to be worried about, that all he needed was production of a filtration system.

Once again greedy America agreed to give a green light to Nano-Plas production.

The hacker situation has become even worse, when they found out about Nano-Plas production, Rebel hackers all around the world joined in, and helped to come up with an idea to overthrow the US Government and stop Nano-Plas production, they named the Attack "Pirate Protection" It was there time to protect all of the people scared to stand up and protect themselves.

US Solar grids went offline, the lights went out in the entire United States of America for the first time in mankind, Hackers and Rebels stood up and fought to secure Nano-Plas labs all around the United States, but the U.S army was to prepared, instead of fighting to get the lights back on, they built generators for the Production of Nano-Plas, so that they could export and profit.

After continued assault's on Nano-Plas Labs and Production sites the US Government declared War against it's own people, They then abandoned the labs and production sites, and moved to an undisclosed location to continue production outside of the United States.

The US Government abandoned its own soil, and left the people of the now Old America to fend for themselves.

The humanitarian scientist's(UNDISCLOSED NAME) plan had worked all as he promised to another country. His false allegiance to the US had worked, and now the United States land was Weak and un-fortified, open to attacks.

The story of the player starts 3 Years after the attacks began, most of the fighting was other countries fighting each other on Old America land, in attempts to secure it.

The player starts out in a bank vault, his origin is unknown, he took cover in the vault when the attacks started, and has ran out of rations, his only option is to leave the vault and try to get back to the surface. But all that he once thought was there is now covered by mother nature, decay, and death.

Before he went underground he heard of effects that were happening to people, making them act very strange. He took cover before the main effects from the smog starting effecting human life. Nothing else is known about how the outside world is.

CPU; Intel G850 2.9ghz GPU: Raedon HD 7750 1gb 4GB Ram

Windows 10 1TB HD 60GB HD
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 01:15
Will upload a video and more images later on tonight.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice screenshots, look forward to seeing it in action!

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 06:27
To all that are just tuning in, feel free to check out the dev page: http://www.indiedb.com/games/early-is-the-night/

shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2015 15:26
I will for sure update this today, just have been very busy taking care of my youtube channel, as well as working on this. expect images today.

shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 19:13

Here is a video showing the current starting zone, it is pretty big. sorry about the bad quality, it is from sony vegas 12 and youtube. watch at highest quality. I also brightened it a bit using vegas 12.

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 20:35
I like the look of it - you've made really good progress. I would leave out the sniper rifle, though, because it takes away the challenge of combat. If the enemies had sniper rifles, and if other enemies rushed to your position when one of their mates got potted instead of standing around gormlessy waiting to be picked off, you could include the sniper rifle. I'm impressed with what you've done so far, though.
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 20:38
Those guns wont be in the start, we only have them to test with, when you start will only have a pistol with 4 rounds. the shotgun/sniper and all other custom guns will come in later.

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 22:02
That makes sense.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 23:50
Huge improvments over your first w.i.p!
Its need and I like how you try to tame the very stubborn reloaded beast and already attempt indoor stuff.
Veteran advice: Give the storyline a quick proofread.

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 05:45
New images and video coming soon, to show off some of Pirate Myke's Talented magic! A working 3D Printer, that players can use to craft weapons!

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 18:37
Will the railroad hand truck work (animated). Great work by the way .

Dave
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 20:55
Yes it is on the list to animate.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 05:33 Edited at: 19th Jan 2015 05:33
Got a new video for you all showing Pirate Myke's work on the 3D Printer, that will allow players to take advantage of, and craft weapons.

No scripting for weapons crafting has been started yet, but the idea around it is that, the player will be able to craft 3D weapons, and the weapons will only have a certain amount of random uses, after that it will be destroyed, as with real 3D printed weapons they break and malfunction after prolonged use.

shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 02:46
Update: have been adding in stuff for the demo release at the end of the month, just spending some time cluttering the level, and still working on figuring out what will be the best looking lighting for a dark sewer, as I don't want it to dark, yet don't want it to bright. If anyone has mastered lighting for a sewer/underground area please let me know . Will most likely add some more images 2moro to show off.

shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 17:56 Edited at: 20th Jan 2015 17:59
Bringing you all some new shots of the Abandoned Survivor's Camp.

Here is an Image of the Entrance

A Side shot

The other side

Top down shot, from the 3rd floor

A shot of the back section

More images to come, as promised I wanted to get some images out today, I may have some more later.

shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 22:26
Going to work on adding some stuff to the abandoned civ zone, then start on a military recon outpost. will keep updated.

shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2015 19:56
Some new shots of the nano-3D Printer, and nano-printed pistol

shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2015 20:37
Going to work on some more stuff today, got some scripts that are being worked on and a animated ammo crafting station, it is currently in concept, will keep everyone updated.

shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2015 17:50
I would love to hear some advice, or your views on this game, from the images you all see. would like to hear some criticism.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good so far. Not sure if it is that dark in game as youtube stuff can be darker, but it did seem a little dark at times. I couldn't even see one of the enemies you were shooting at. probably just the video though.

Your screen shots all look good, apart from the last one. The church pews look a little out of place, and look a bit bright and new compared to the rest of the scene.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:55:22
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:55:22