Work In Progress / [LOCKED] Reloaded Game Ranked 17 In World!

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 14:03
Quote: "You do know I am qualified chef ? No seriously, qualified back in 2000. "

LOL, I might have guessed! In a previous life I've worked with several, even a few from other non-English-speaking countries, and they all seem to share a common trait. BTW, I don't mean any offense by that, it's merely an observation. In fact, if you weren't so talented an artist, I would have guessed you to be a chef!

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 14:12 Edited at: 10th Dec 2014 14:13
Quote: "LOL, I might have guessed! In a previous life I've worked with several, even a few from other non-English-speaking countries, and they all seem to share a common trait. BTW, I don't mean any offense by that, it's merely an observation. In fact, if you weren't so talented an artist, I would have guessed you to be a chef!"
Lol I love food, made a lovely madras beef curry today which was cooking away for the past 10 hours I take no offense, food in it self is an art been cooking for 23 odd years since I was 10 years old :p But lets not side track the thread....

Win7 pro, Intel 2500K @3.7ghz 660GTX 8gig ram 16tb HDD
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 15:41
Kudos for having the guts to get your game out there.

I am curious though. How come you have listed the game engine as 'custom' on IndieDB? Is it because the choice isn't there?

It's good to see that you have a small team together to work on this project and I do truly wish you three the best of luck.

As others have said; the game is looking a little bland and empty, but, I see from your responses that it is still heavily WIP. The only reason I mention that is, I wonder why you didn't wait until you had something a little more polished to show the good people on IndieDB? Or are you trying to gain interest very early on? That way, when the game is closer to completion, you will have a large band of merry followers that would be interested in the game.

Anyway, as I said. The very best of luck to you guys. With SmallG in tow, I expect to see some exciting features!

Cheers

Jay.

shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 16:06 Edited at: 10th Dec 2014 16:10
@unfamillia We had it put on IndieDB the other sites so that people can watch its development.

@Teabone and all that asked. IndieDB does not have the option to select Reloaded, Only Classic, So instead of selecting some random one I just selected cus
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 16:18
Quote: "We had it put on IndieDB the other sites so that people can watch its development."

Fair enough. Understood.

Quote: "IndieDB does not have the option to select Reloaded, Only Classic, So instead of selecting some random one I just selected custom, which was as close as I could get, since it is a custom engine being made by lee and the team."

To be fair, I would have chosen FPSC Classic as the choice. At least it shows that you are using the engine from the same developers. Choosing 'custom' as the option leads people on a bit and makes people believe that you are making your own game engine.

Quote: "I am sorry for having a junk game with horrible screenshots,I know now how trash my game is, I will refrain from posting any updates on here,"

Now now. It sounds like you have a bitter taste in your mouth. Nobody is saying that you shouldn't post updates of the game. I am sure that the majority of Reloaded users would be interested to follow the progress of your game, as they are using the same engine and it's always interesting to see what other people can do.

Don't cut your nose off to spite your face. You could get some very valuable and experienced feedback on these forums, from some very good artists and level designers.

Cheers

Jay.

shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 16:22
@unfamilia Thank you for your reply to the subject, I believe meash (not sure if it is his type of thing that he does?) might be able to contact indieDB admins, and ask them to put reloaded on the list, I would gladly put reloaded as the engine used to bu
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
You might be better just keeping this to the WIP board here until Reloaded is further along - just a suggestion.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 16:40
@scene commander do you have a transfer-ability? if so can you move this to WIP

CPU; Intel G850 2.9ghz GPU: Raedon HD 7750 1gb 4GB Ram

Windows 10 1TB HD 60GB HD
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 16:58
I'm glad everyone's toning things down; I thought I was going to have to step in here.

Some good feedback by all (albeit with an edge from some). Still; you've got to be able to take criticism in this industry, if you at all want to make something of it (other than a passing hobby/interest). But we can all still strive to be civil here. The alternative, is to garner the wrath of Moderators that have lived through the FPSC Wars of old.

@Shakyshawn: It would be much appreciated, if you would emphasize in all the places that you've posted this; that ReLoaded is very much in Beta at this time.
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 17:16
Now I see a more positive attitude.
You have the support of a great team!, I'm sure this will ensure a great end result.
I hope this will decrease the tension on the thread.

3com
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 18:07
Quote: "I believe meash (not sure if it is his type of thing that he does?) might be able to contact indieDB admins, and ask them to put reloaded on the list"

You should ask someone at TGC like SC to add Reloaded there. It actually says you can add an engine yourself on someone else's behalf, but it's probably better to just have TGC do it themselves. I'm in the same boat. I want to put up my Wii U games, but the Unity engine is not listed as having Wii U support so I'm asking the people who added the Unity entry to update to Wii U support.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 18:47
Quote: "Wow, you (Wolf) have developed diplomatic skills..."

I hope you aren't disappointed!

Quote: "the wrath of Moderators that have lived through the FPSC Wars of old."

Quote: "You should ask someone at TGC like SC to add Reloaded there. It actually says you can add an engine yourself on someone else's behalf, but it's probably better to just have TGC do it themselves."

I chose "custom built" for my game aswell because I was waiting for TGC to upload their own page for reloaded. However, I still think they should wait until it has a wider release for that. (at least steam release with some funky stuff to show off.)

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 18:51
Quote: "I know now how trash my game is"

I think you missed everyone's point. People are merely pointing out areas that need fixing.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 22:14
Yeah! Lets not say trash..lets say foundation!

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think we'll add Reloaded to IndieDB quite yet. Remember that it is still in early beta and has someway to go. I imagine that after the Steam release would be a good time.

SC

Centre Divided
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2014 05:08
The only thing I see wrong with this, is that your game is in pre-alpha and FPSCR is in beta... And you can't sell your game until FPSCR is complete. You've got a tough road ahead of you, there is no doubting that. You're going to have to have to drive to stay on course until such a time that TGC gives you a license to sell your game. If you don't have any funding or any way to sustain yourself or your team it's really hard to keep people on task for that long of a time. Also, (and this is probably just me), but what's the point in ranking a game in pre-alpha that has given a couple screenshots. There isn't really any gameplay to show, now that you're ranked 17th its gonna be harder for you. Once you start producing videos and showing gameplay, what happens if your game drops? What happens if it drops from 17th (now) to like 100th (a couple months before release)? That kind of drop is really hard to explain. Especially considering that you got ranked 17th without showing any gameplay. This is just an outsider looking in, I read this thread and saw the commotion and I don't mean to make it sound like I'm hating on your project, I just want to make sure that you know what might happen in a year. But I wish you the best on your endeavor and I'd love to see what you bring to the table with your game!

Intel Core i5-4440k (3.1 GHz), Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
PM
Whyrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2014 05:46 Edited at: 12th Dec 2014 06:48
*Mod Edit* -You do not swear, even using symbols and you do not personally attack another user, - Consider yourself slapped*

Quad core amd, windows 7 home premium, 16 gigs ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2014 06:35
I see you uploaded some new screens

Some advice

You don't want repetitive patterns it throws off the eye, the second screenshot with the bus stop like entity is an example of that, you should study asymmetry, it's basically the mixture of symmetrical objects like a building with asymmetrical objects like props or uneven terrain road ect, the buildings are also more or less the same height, it should really be mixed up a bit in size.

Large flat areas is also a very bad design idea, the road is another example, it's a common thing I have seen with FPSC in general, roads aren't flat, roads in general slope off to the sides for water run off. To compensate for this and to throw off the symmetry a road island with a couple of trees or signage even obscuring the player view to only a few meters would help break up symmetry.

Instead of a plain road adding a texture with painted road markings on it will also help.

Your in a build up area, there is a solitary green light in the background, build up areas is brightly lit at night or dusk with street lights, neon signage even buildings should have a light or two on.

What did you put on top of the roofs ? There is far too much of it, it looks out of place too, consider what you would generally find on a roof and only keep to those props.

I don't see any focal points in the level, a focal point is for example a large detailed old tree in your level that draws the players attention, for example you have hidden some ammo there, a flickering light in a shop window to denote the path the player needs to follow.

You have to remember that if you create an open world, unless you have a gps system in place to direct the player where he needs to go, you will have to find alternative means to direct the player where he needs to go even if it's an open world, aimlessly wondering around in the level trying to find out what you need to do is only going to fustrate the player into quitting very early on, just keep that in mind, focal points will help as well as other clues like audio.

Lastly be mindful of posting screenshots, by look of the screenshots provided it definitely looks incomplete, consider either only posting appropriate content of such a nature that is either complete or near completion, incomplete screenshots do more damage than good, yes you want to update you have done this or that, consider you are posting this on a much larger platform you need your A game here and only post when there is some thing worthwhile.

Instead of posting in game screenshots posting screenshots of content currently being worked on, even 3d model screen renders will work wonders to grab people's attention, instead of incomplete goodies.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2014 06:46 Edited at: 12th Dec 2014 07:10
*Mod Edit, the user has been slapped, no need to repeat his words*

Personal attacks and swearing is not appreciated, calling me an idiot for the purpose of flaming and or insulting or better yet trolling is going to get you slapped, users have already been warned in this thread about personal attacks

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Flame

This thread has been locked due to the unmanageable number of flame responses. Please refer to section 3.11 - 3.12 of the Acceptable Usage Policy for full details:

[url]/?gf=aup#forum[/url]

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:04:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:04:50