Free Models and Media / Convert Classic Crossbow?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2014 04:34 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2014 15:31
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there was a way to convert the classic crossbow (fantasy pack) into Reloaded? And fi there is, if someone could explain how to do it or do it for me?

Thanks,

HomelessRyder

http://www.gamerzup.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/homelessryder

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2014 01:13 Edited at: 7th Dec 2014 05:13
Yeah, I've done it! I think someone else around here has done it as well, probably better than mine. I don't have time to do it tonight but stay tuned to this channel and I promise I'll have a little write-up within one week, one day. (I'll have to go through all the little bits and figure out/remember what I did! LOL, I do remember having a time figuring out how the weapons work in Reloaded) I have tomorrow off as well as next Sunday, so I will work on it between lawn/yard duties. Maybe I'll find some time to work on the bow and arrow and oil bombs as well. Unfortunately, I can't send you the files, it would violate the license. Perhaps a little write-up will help others as well, anyway.

(Note how it's icon shows up as a rifle. I can change it to any of the existing weapon icons and if I can remember how it, I'll let you know. I haven't figured out how to change that to anything new.):

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2014 15:21 Edited at: 12th Dec 2014 14:14
Okay, here it goes! Got it done much sooner than I expected!

First, I copied entitybank\Fantasy Weapons and gamecore\guns\fantasy folders from FPSC over to

Reloaded, respecting the file hierarchy. (These, of course, include the wooden_bow and oilbomb

weapons, which aren't necessary for now but at least they are there if you choose to convert them in

the future. Also, from here on out we are working under the Reloaded\Files directory so close out any

Explorer windows with FPSC things still in them!(This helps prevent changing the wrong files! You are

warned!)

Next, I opened crossbow with ammo.fpe (entitybank\Fantasy Weapons), and made the following changes:

aimain = weapon.fpi

to

aimain = weapon.lua

I also changed quantity to 6. That's just me, you can make it any value you wish or leave it alone.

(The model DOES have 6 arrows) You can also change this value in the entity propeties panel for each

crossbow you lay down and have them be different in different locations. FYI, at default damage

values, it takes at least 3-4 direct hits with the arrows to take out an average enemy.

Save.

Now is where my fun began. I hate to type, which is why I promised up to over a week to write this

little tutorial. Not that I have no free time. I do have yard work to do, though; actually this kinda

helps me put it off a little(!): Type or mow/trim/vacuum/spray weeds?!

The gunspec.txt file (gamecore\guns\fantasy\old_crossbow) I renamed to gunspec1.txt for

reference/preservation purposes. Next I copied over one of the gunspec.txt files from one of the

modern weapons. I don't remember which one specifically, it was probably from either the Sniper Rifle

or the Uzi folders (confirmed:I used the UZI gunspec). Now I simply changed values where I could to

match the original gunspec file (now called gunspec1) If I couldn't find an equivalent value, I either

cleared out the value or left it alone. Having the original open on the left and the new one open on

the right, I changed the following:

Save. Cross fingers. Launch Reloaded. See if it works! Please realize I am just trying to recreate

what I did some time ago. I simply compared the files I have to the old ones to come up with this

little tutorial. Your results may vary! Anyway, it should be a starting point. If something doesn't

work, I will try to help, but I can't guarantee that you or I didn't miss anything! Also, if you try

to simply copy and paste this into the files, it won't work, since my comments aren't rem'd out! At

least, be careful and mindful of that if you do copy and paste! I wrote this first in notepad then copied it over to the post, so formatting didn't carry over. For that I apologize! Good luck!

EDIT: Sorry, today I just learned about code tags, LOL. I always wondered how people did that! Looks just a bit nicer now.

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2014 15:48
On a side note, I did try to convert the oil bombs. I can't figure out how to work the flakspec into the whole thing. The closest weapon is the RPG, as in you can actually see the projectile, and it references a flakspec in a location that doesn't exist (outside it's own directory, anyway). What I assume would be the "new" flakspec is actually in the projeciletypes folder. Perhaps much of this is actually hard coded at this time? Also, for some reason, the texture doesn't show on the HUD, no matter what I try. Hopefully the upcoming grenades will point me in the right direction with this. Another thing to look forward to! If anyone has converted the oil bombs, any advice?

PM
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2014 21:00
Nice crossbow At me don't working fingers... that weapon don't appear after I press the E key

Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the options and speed, not just amazing graphics."
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2014 23:59
I added the crossbow to the player in the properties panel. Haven't figured out how to pick one up! As of yet I can only collect them as ammo.

PM
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2014 09:46
Indeed, maybe must to you remake the animation ?

Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the options and speed, not just amazing graphics."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 00:35:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 00:35:25